PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Karrington

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Karrington

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:03 am

I'm an [deleted]. So what? There was no reason to delete the Karrington thread.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Re: Karrington

Postby Webmaster » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:55 pm

Sorry, but we don't allow that kind of language on this site. Many people found it offesive, not to mention the fact that PonyFans has young readers too.

Please refrain from using that kind of language in the future. Thanks.
"It’s hard to overstate how impressive SMU has been on the recruiting trail since the ACC announced the Mustangs would be joining the league”
–– The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any issues, contact us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:38 pm

You could have simply deleted MY post, not the whole thread.

Now no one can continue it. Thanks a bunch, webmaster.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Stampede » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:14 pm

It is a non story or starter of a thread anyway. Big Deal.
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:02 pm

Sounds like censorship to me.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Smuboy » Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by UNFMustang06:
<B>Sounds like censorship to me. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> This has been a classy board without posters using offensive language. The Webmaster acted to protect desirable standards. Fortunatley, it doesn't happen often. Stay within reasonable bounds and there will be no need for censorship.
Smuboy

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:51 pm

I can say whatever I damn well please on this board until they bloody well ban me. I, of course, should not have to use offensive language, but if I am insulted, I should be able to respond appropriately. If you're offended by cursing, I'm sorry. You can ignore it.

If the webmaster feels its necessary to censor a whole thread, esp. one that was about an SMU player getting in trouble with the law, I don't agree with it if his actions were to only censor my comments. Seems a bit fishy to me.

I respect a lot of you on this board. Most of you. But if I get insulted by some bratty white collar, prep-schooled [deleted], I will not stand for it. There is a sterotype at SMU that unfortunately, isn't much of a stereotype because it's half true. I won't take **** from someone that lives in Highland Park. Period.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Smuboy » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:15 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by UNFMustang06:
<B>I can say whatever I damn well please on this board until they bloody well ban me. I, of course, should not have to use offensive language, but if I am insulted, I should be able to respond appropriately. If you're offended by cursing, I'm sorry. You can ignore it.

If the webmaster feels its necessary to censor a whole thread, esp. one that was about an SMU player getting in trouble with the law, I don't agree with it if his actions were to only censor my comments. Seems a bit fishy to me.

I respect a lot of you on this board. Most of you. But if I get insulted by some bratty white collar, prep-schooled [deleted], I will not stand for it. There is a sterotype at SMU that unfortunately, isn't much of a stereotype because it's half true. I won't take **** from someone that lives in Highland Park. Period.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As Webmasters, the bratty white collar, prep-schooled Highland Park kids you complain of have made it possible for you to make over 870 posts and for the rest of us to be better informed about SMU football.
Smuboy

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:27 am

I wasn't calling the Webmaster anything. I was referring to a select few on this board who I'm not going to name because that makes me look like even more of an [deleted]. In particular, I was talking about one person that insulted me, but you wouldn't know what I'm talking about because you never saw the original thread.

Ok I'm done whining. This thread warrants deletion just for the sheer stupidity of it.

[This message has been edited by UNFMustang06 (edited 08-15-2003).]
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby The PonyGrad » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:00 am

It can not be easy maintaining an active site like this. A call for selective deletions instead of the entire thread places that much more burden on those that thankfully have taken the time to run this site. What next, selective text edits?

Face it UNFM, you would have complained about any edits to your posts.

I just want to thank the webmasters for their work, keeping this site a fun and clean place to talk about SMU sports.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Corso » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:38 pm

One of the great things about this site: we all have the right to disagree. Let's not take these things personally.
And for what it's worth, I believe neither of the webmasters are from Highland Park.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:07 pm

Agreed. For the record though, I was talking about hpfan. I have nothing against the webmasters. They do a fine job.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Football