PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

BE story

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

BE story

Postby Nacho » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:02 am

<A HREF="http://wvgazette.com/section/sports/2003081422" TARGET=_blank>http://wvgazette.com/section/sports/2003081422</A>
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: BE story

Postby Water Pony » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:31 am

Thx as always, Nacho, for your article searches. Isn't Google great.

Reaction:

Timing of events appear to be at a slower pace that most people expected with BE delaying any announcement until the fall or later. This will trigger subsequent moves by MWC, Conf. USA, WAC, etc.

If UofL and Cincinnati are the chosen path and no one else, such as service academies, Memphis, FLA schools, etc. Conf. USA will be making the next moves by perhaps adding Central Fla and/or some SW schools. MWC will settle for a few WAC schools and WAC will pick off some Sunbelt.

It all rolls down hill, but decisions will be pre-negotiated before going public. Not the ACC publicity bomb with their BE raid.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:05 pm

Its funny, I've gone from obsessed with realignment to fairly ambivalent. Really, its impossible to tell where we stand in the process, the whole thing is so random and chaotic. We might get lucky, we might get screwed royally, or it might be a non-event; each outcome seems equally possible to me right now.
Hoop Fan

Postby OldPony » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:42 pm

That article took so long to load, I think they may have propane mail instead of email in NC.
The alignemnts are loosing my interest also. I see, at best, a conference with the same national stature as the WAC. The only benefit could be a more regional league to help draw a few more fans.
SMU could really throw a wrench in everyone's plans if we could win 2 of our first 3. People would take notice then but it is probably too much to expect.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:43 pm

My bad- I meant West Virginia
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Football