PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

More d-line talk: Clay Glockzin

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

More d-line talk: Clay Glockzin

Postby Otto » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:28 am

I talked to someone who's been at a couple of practices. He's said the same things a lot of people on this board have said: Adami, Ieremia-Stansbury, Williams, Bonds, and Jones all look good.

But he also went way out of his way to say how good Clay Glockzin has looked. He said Clay has gotten a whole lot stronger, and just looks "tougher" than he has in the past, battling everybody on every play, etc.

Remember with Glock and Adami signed and were labeled "too small"? Further evidence to support those who insist we can't rate recruiting classes accurately until a couple of years after they're in school.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Re: More d-line talk: Clay Glockzin

Postby giacfsp » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:48 pm

A couple of players told me that nobody works harder than Clay G. Sounds like it's really paying off.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby PonyFan » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:12 pm

He has looked good. A healthy, durable guy who can back up either end is going to be vital. Not that the starters are ALLOWED to get injured, of course, but depth is crucial, especially as active as the linemen are supposed to be in Coach Bennett's scheme.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby DallasDiehard » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:40 pm

Didn't they shuttle entire line units in and out of the game when Coach Bennett was at K-State? I bet that's what he'd like to do here, once he compiles enough players to have quality depth.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Return to Football