PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Recent Post on mm

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Recent Post on mm

Postby CashFan » Mon Sep 25, 2000 10:49 pm

I saw this post on another site and took immediate action:

"Suggest you check up on Mr. Cash's diminished abilities of late. He has many missed injury diagnosis and his rehab abilities are not up to date. Proof.... Ask the players and trainers.. "

My response:

"Cash is in th NATA hall of fame. He is one of the most respected trainers in the nation. He has been in the profession for over 30 years. NFL, NCAA, and the list goes on. Why don't you pull your head out of your [deleted] and not put words in players and trainers mouths. I have asked many players and and trainers. No one knows what the hell you are talking about. Name one misdiagnosis.

Why do you think Eric Dickerson talked about him in his NFL Hall of Fame speech? Why does every athlete that comes back to visit SMU talk about Cash? Was that because of his out of date rehab abilities? Every past and present player has nothing but great things to say about Cash Birdwell. There is a reason for that, he is the best out there.

If every player and employee was as comitted and put in as much time and effort as Cash did, SMU would be the best program in the nation. You have mispoken, fella."

This is a great example of why idiots should not have to right to post messages on websites. What do you guys think of Cash?

------------------
Go Stangs!
Go Stangs!
CashFan

Re: Recent Post on mm

Postby ponyjim » Mon Sep 25, 2000 11:16 pm

Cash Birdwell, although I don't know him personally, and his staff is one of the few consistent, worthy and strong part of this ailing football team.

I am great friends with a trainer and he puts his heart and soul into that team day in and day out, no day offs!

It is terrible to think that someone would even consider the possibilty that the training staff is to blame for the SMU football team's losses.

Just my humble thoughts!

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponyjim
Scout Team

Postby ponytalk » Mon Sep 25, 2000 11:37 pm

I know many players and their parents; they all speak very highly of Cash and the team doctors and other trainers. What the heck was that guy talking about?
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby MustangMom » Mon Sep 25, 2000 11:52 pm

The person who made that post does not know what he is talking about. It is not just Cash's reputation that makes him great - he continues to provide the best every single day. I haven't heard one compalint - I've only heard praise and admiration!

And not only does he do his job incredibly well, he really cares about the SMU team and the program. He was there for the glory days and he would like to see SMU football get there once again.

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom

[This message has been edited by MustangMom (edited 09-25-2000).]
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Return to Football