PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tonight's Scrimmage

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tonight's Scrimmage

Postby JasonB » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:06 pm

I didn't say I was not improessed by the frosh 'backers. I liked what I saw, but didn't watch them as much. I was more focused on watching the line play to see how those guys did, because I figured the LBs would get an RS.

Also, just want to clarify, Moss has a lot of speed, and he may be a good prospect, he just made a lot of mistakes and earned an RS tonight Image. I agree that it was good that he was in the middle of things though.

As far as Phillips, apparently Bennett has suggested that he is 3rd string. I was looking for something like that to happen. I figured he was in that slot because of the team he played with and how well he played. I think it is probably a good idea to spread him and Meeks out by a year and redshirt one of them. We are too think at QB to have both of those guys redshirt. I think by midseason, Phillips is #2.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hal » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:49 pm

Coach Bennett wants to redshirt the freshman LBs. But someone close to the team said that they didn't, Cory Muse could start. Now. (And Avery Cleveland might turn out to be even better on the outside.)
Hal
Varsity

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:56 pm

Muse, Cleveland and Hall were recruited by Big 12 schools and I can tell ya that they look like Big 12 football players. Good ones. I'd like to see at least one of them play this year, Bishoff has to get a rest sometime. Another thing, we need the special teams help. Our punt and kickoff coverage has been very vulnerable for several years now. Also would space the class out a bit so that these guys dont graduate all at one time down the road.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUguy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hoop Fan:
<B>.... CD Moss and Fred Turner look like speed demons.... </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And isn't Ervin McGee supposed to be perhaps the fastest of the bunch? Sounds like a true Bennett secondary in the making.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football