PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

1999 Redshirts

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

1999 Redshirts

Postby 91Stang » Sat Apr 29, 2000 1:40 pm

While we wait to see the players who sat out last season, I want to know which 1999 redshirts will have the best year? The easy choice might be Marcus Carter, because everyone wants a tall receiver with speed. But who else?

I've heard the coaches are thrilled with the progress made last season by OL Steve Reindl.
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Re: 1999 Redshirts

Postby ALL4SMU » Sat Apr 29, 2000 9:22 pm

I am excited to see JD Blagg next fall! I have heard that he has made major strides in the weight room, and that should impact his performance on the field next fall!

I am also excited to see Marcus Carter. I heard he did not look as good as expected in the spring, but hopefully he can adjust over the summer and make some solid contributions. I remember everyone being real excited about him, I hope the coaches still feel that way!

I am curious to see what Trent Hrncir can do.

Sterling Harris is another one who I really want to see. I was not that impressed with his performance during spring training, but I think he should adjust fine. He is an absolutely enormous kid, as well as an enormous talent.

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby graypony » Sun Apr 30, 2000 1:04 am

Here are 2 more redshirt freshmen who will make you smile this fall: Leroy Price & Jonas Rutledge
graypony
Junior Varsity

Postby MustangMom » Mon May 01, 2000 1:20 am

I think that Trent Hrncir will do really well! He leaves it all on the field and is a great competitor. I had the opportunity to watch him play in high school and I know how hard he plays - he is a super football player. He has a great heart and always goes at 100% + + ! I heard he did well in spring practice.

------------------
Go Ponies!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby doby » Mon May 01, 2000 11:57 am

Price,Rutledge,Riddle,Harris are four that will have a huge impact this season and there are a couple of trump cards as well.
doby

Postby MustangMan » Mon May 01, 2000 4:47 pm

What happened to Sterling Harris? I knew he redshirted last year, but I thought this guy was supposed to be the next Forrest Gregg/Anthony Muñoz/Tony Boselli kind of guy. What were his shortcomings in the spring (since I wasn't able to be there to watch in person...)
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Postby jettison » Mon May 01, 2000 5:43 pm

I've heard one of Sterling's shortcomings is that his arrogance is as big as he is. He'll come around though I'm sure, as long as everyone stops feeding the ego with all those 'he could've gone to Notre Dame' quips.

I think Jonas Rutledge might be the redshirt with the biggest impact, and Ryan Riddle and Marcus Carter make that receiver position extremely deep.
jettison
Junior Varsity

Return to Football