PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Texas Tech Board

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Texas Tech Board

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:37 pm

I am not real sure what makes some of you want to go over to the Tech board and start talking trash. While a little bantering can be fun, some of you have gotten out of hand. I am embarrassed to be an SMU alum when I see some of the BS on here and over there. We will all know on Saturday. Hope to see you in Lubbock!

[This message has been edited by Duke Blue Blood (edited 08-28-2003).]
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Re: Texas Tech Board

Postby Techsan81 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:07 pm

Well, that is a two-way street. I get embarassed by Tech fans' posts on other boards too.

The internet has proven beyond any doubt that there are idiot football fans at each and every university.
I was born... on the Llano Estacado.
Techsan81
Recruit

Postby PK » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:42 pm

Luckily there aren't too many. A little smack is fun and expected...but some folks get waaaay over the line.

Thankfully it is almost Saturday, because I'm READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!! Forget the talk, let's walk the walk and BEAT TECH!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HorsePower » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:46 pm

Right you are, PK!
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby ponyte » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:53 pm

I agree. All the poster that pound their cyber chest like Tarzan doesn't amount to squat. I want the season to start. I want some Pony Power Football.

This is the year we move from a crummy has been team to a mediocre team (which is a step in the right direction). And with luck and a few breaks, it can be one heck of a season.

Its Stang time!
ponyte

Postby Johnny Rock » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:55 pm

Relax guys. It is all in good fun. I actually enjoy when fans of other teams post on our board, regardless of how obnoxious or ludicrous the posts may be. With that being said, I think Texas Tech is a glorified Junior College and an academic institution that usually takes the students who are rejected from Texas and Texas A&M. I would be embarressed to admit that I went to school at Texas Tech. While Texas Tech may kick are butts on Saturday, I would not trade a win for my SMU diploma and my Presidental Rolex watch that my SMU diploma got me. To all Texas Tech fans, you can kiss Johnny Rock's you know what. Go Ponies!!!
Johnny Rock

Postby WreckEm16 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:36 pm

John, you sound very young and very ignorant.

The Double T on my class ring will not get me any job I want... but it will get me any interview I want.

Getting the job is up to me.

------------------
And when I die
You can bury me
In Lubbock, Texas,
In my jeans.

-Mac Davis
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:32 pm

actually, i have always liked TT'ers. in fact, my best friend went to Tech and he and i are going to the game together saturday. we had a blast last year in dallas at the game, and i am THRILLED that we have them on our schedule. but i appreciate your enthusiasm for SMU johnny rock.

i'm not particularly fond of that Tech 55 SMU 0 fellow that posts on here, though. he pushes the limit.
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby Bjuddtech » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:12 am

I must admit that I am one of the Tech fans that originaly got on your board and talked some trash. I want all the SMU fans on this board to know that it was meant in pure fun. I do however find it very amusing when I have talked some trash that most of the comments returned were not of the football variety. The truth of the matter is that I probably don't make as much money as some of the SMU or Tech grads but I am very happy at what I do and that is what counts. I did have to have a degree to receive the job I have now. I chose to live in a smaller community on my own not by necesity.
Now to some football talk. Tech will win this game. I think Tech will have an even more explosive offense this year compared to last year. No, I am not saying that BJ is a better quarterback than Kingsburry was. What I am saying is that BJ has a more explosive surrounding cast. They may be the same players but don't forget Henderson was only a freshmen last year. Also, Glover did not even reach his true potential until the Texas game which was our second to last game not including the bowl win. Add to that the potential that Havilli brings to the table. Last year Kingburry was our 3rd and 1 or 4th and short runner on the quarterback sneaks several times. Plus Havilli has the potential to wear teams out in the running game when we get the comfortable leads which the Tech offense has lacked in the Leach era. Enough of the talk about the offense. I am just ready for Tech to get on the field and play some football. From what I have seen posted the SMU fans feel the same. As long as one of SMU's loses is to Tech I am sure Tech fans would like to see SMU win most of their games. That would help Tech's strenghth of scheldule. So Good luck and GO TECH!!!
Bjuddtech

Postby Stallion » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:57 am

I agree with everything you say-but its interesting you didn't even mention the defense-boy-o-boy do I think there are some questions on that side of the ball especially with the rash of injuries Tech has suffered. There are only a handful of experienced, tested and healthy players on that side of the field.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby CourtJester » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:33 pm

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh The defense. While not near as omnious and intimidating as last year's "red carpet" defense or 2001's "prevent-the other team from NOT scoring" defense, the new and exciting 2003 "trag-A-D" will test out our new offensive genious @ QB to see if we can again outscore our opponents! Image

TECH 34
SMU 17
CourtJester

Return to Football