PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU will be good.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU will be good.

Postby Bjuddtech » Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:14 am

I am not on here to rub it in your faces about tonights win. We exchanged some trash talk about who was going to win the game but it was all in fun. IMO, I feel that most of you on this board are true supporters of your team. What kind of fan, even if you were being a realist, would predict a loss. Like I mentioned in a few post back I think Bennett will make your team better in years to come. I know some of you would like to see possitive results now but have patience. Some of your recruits from this year are not even playing yet and those are the one's that were recruited by Bennett himself. Keylon Kincade will probably get about 1200-1300 yards this year. He likely would have had more in tonights game had SMU not been so far behind. So have faith and get on other opponents boards and talk some trash. I would love to see SMU beat Baylor and Okie St. to help Tech out. Good Luck for the rest of the Season.
Bjuddtech

Re: SMU will be good.

Postby Arkpony » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:08 am

Thnaks for the encouraging words. You might rememeber that it was SMU who originally cast the deciding vote to allow Tech to join the SWC back in the good old days of the SWC!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Up » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:15 pm

Thanks - appreciate your support. Good luck the rest of the way.
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby WreckEm16 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:41 pm

Best of luck to SMU - your offense had me scared again when they took up 7:30 on the opening drive. Always fun to play old SWC rivals.

FWIW, I think you could jump up and shock OSU at home. I'll be rooting for you!

------------------
And when I die
You can bury me
In Lubbock, Texas,
In my jeans.

-Mac Davis
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Postby mustangmawmaw » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:26 pm

Hey Bjudd you have character, and yes it is good to "trash talk" with you guys, it just makes us "tuffer". We agree with you that Coach Bennett is building a dynamic team, so watch your backs we're coming after you!!!!!!! Good luck to you guys too.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bjuddtech:
<B>I am not on here to rub it in your faces about tonights win. We exchanged some trash talk about who was going to win the game but it was all in fun. IMO, I feel that most of you on this board are true supporters of your team. What kind of fan, even if you were being a realist, would predict a loss. Like I mentioned in a few post back I think Bennett will make your team better in years to come. I know some of you would like to see possitive results now but have patience. Some of your recruits from this year are not even playing yet and those are the one's that were recruited by Bennett himself. Keylon Kincade will probably get about 1200-1300 yards this year. He likely would have had more in tonights game had SMU not been so far behind. So have faith and get on other opponents boards and talk some trash. I would love to see SMU beat Baylor and Okie St. to help Tech out. Good Luck for the rest of the Season.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
mustangmawmaw

Postby Sam I Am » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:33 pm

Here's hoping that Tech slaughters a lot of other teams so our loss will not look so bad later on.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby Phil Fan » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:48 pm

Me too! Hadn't thought of that. Good point.
Phil Fan
Junior Varsity

Return to Football