PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

O.K...I'll \"buy in to\" this

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

O.K...I'll \"buy in to\" this

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:36 pm

wait till '05 vibe....but, CAVAN recruited NOBODY who can paly? Come on....YES..I did NOT expect to beat tech, but 58-10, come on, fellas, 58-10, man, come on...I THOUGHT Coach was some quasi "defensive guru"??? Everybody says..."wait till the WAC schedule, did you see the WAC scores yesterday...??!#$@" So, we beat a bunch of cr** [deleted] teams, SJSU, Rice, Tulsa...am I expected to raise a glass of success to that?????? The bar is soooooo freaking low right now at SMU it absolutely is PAINFUL....you people should be ashamed of yourselves..I expect better from my alma mater.....SMU...ALL I ask is .BE FREAKING COMPETITIVE WITH SOMEBODY, ANYBODY...long live Ira Hopper.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Re: O.K...I'll \"buy in to\" this

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:51 pm

Can you chill with the ****ing caps lock buddy?

Fans like you are not what we need on the hilltop. Realists are one thing, whiners are something else completely. You have nothing to contribute to this board.

No, Cavan did not recruit the caliber of players that Bennett has been recruiting. Yeah, we've had some SOLID college football players, but nothing spectacular.

Adami is All-WAC material, but he would never be All-Big 12 or All-SEC (etc) material. Bischoff was a walk on. Viloria was a gem, just too short for the NFL.

We're doing what we need to do. We've waited 15 years for SMU football to start winning again. We've finally got a committment from the administration, a new stadium, and a coach that I think has the potential to be a great one. Let the guy do his job and rebuild. It's a slow process and all we need to do is support our team. The season has only just begun. We have no idea how improved this team is yet. Let's wait until October to start evaluating.

Go Mustangs!
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:38 am

..is that all you got? "Chill the caps, lock buddy.." Sad...Hey, Lee Corso, I've got PLENTY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS BOARD, IN FACT, THE RESPONSES I GET, COUPLED WITH SMU BUDS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY, I SPEAK FOR A TON OF FOLKS....TIRED OF LOSINNG..TIRED OF THE WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR CRA#...DON'T BUY INTO THE "WAIT TILL THE WAC SEASON SO WE CAN BEAT UP ON OTHER PANSIES.."...58-10 IS A TOTAL UNPREPARED, UNCOMPETITIVE EMBARRASMENT...THE NEW STADIUM IS NICE, THE RE-COMMITMENT(??) FROM THE ADMIN. IS HEART WARMING...SORRY BUD, I AM JUST SICK OF GETTING MY BU%% KICKED, AND NO, I DON'T SEE IMPROVEMENT, IN FACT, LOOKS LIKE WE CONTINUE TO SLIDE DOWN. LONG LIVE RONGEA HILL.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby No Cal Pony » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:27 pm

Hix,

I agree with you that we didn't look good. I'm not happy that we aren't better too, as are many who post here. However, we do have a better future. Better recruits, stadium, and some help from the administration, although there needs more to be done there. Just ask Stallion.

Hey gang, [deleted] on each other isn't gonna help anything. Closing ranks, staying committed will. I'm ashamed, but I will not stop rooting for my Mustangs.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:24 pm

I seriously doubt that ANYONE associated with SMU can fina anything to be happy about after getting pasted the way we did Saturday night. But, I guess we have only two choices. Continue supporting this program and endure more frustration, or quit on them. I doubt anyone who cares enough to come on here and post regularly view option one as a legitimate option, so keep on complaining...but keep on supporting these guys.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football