PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Good To Be Home!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Good To Be Home!

Postby Dr Jeske » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:39 pm

Stallion don't mess with Momma...she ain't kidding.

Size and strength takes a little time. It's a lot easier to start at 280 and grow then 235, but I think the best way to go is speed and build strength. That will get you depth quicker. Each year Coach B, is around, the depth will increase....but can we talk about special teams???
Dr Jeske
Recruit

Re: Good To Be Home!

Postby Southland » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stallion:
<B> Ron Meyer had zero problems recruiting defensive linemen-Michael Carter-No. 1 recruit in the nation at his position. Harvey Armstrong-Texas Football Super Team-Richard Neely DMN Blue Chipper, Kevin Chaney-Texas Top 30 or so; the Haguum twins from Colorado were Parade All-Americans. I'm not sure if he had a hand in Jerry Ball's recruitment or not. Mitch Willis was a find who made it to the NFL for a good career. Since the DP you're correct that we've recruited about 2 highly recruited defensive linemen-Birdwell and Croy and that's about it.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just an observation, not an attack...

...It is funny when people who scream (all caps) about a “lack of institutional control,” praise the Meyer and Collins era. You love the end, but cry about the means without even thinking about how those players came to be Mustangs.

As for the game, can’t comment. Saw on the ticker it was 3-3 after a quarter, before I left for a dinner party, and then read it was 58-10 in the paper the next morning… clearly the wheels came off, but that is no reason to have any less hope for this season. As I’ve written before, five wins would be a nice accomplishment.
Southland
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football