PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I'm Up, Dang it

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I'm Up, Dang it

Postby Nacho » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:59 pm

I'm not down--not at all.

--Bartel showed that he can make some incredible throws. He had the one dumb pass but overall, considering that he was basically running for his life on every pass play I think he did an outstanding job. He had to roll out almost every play to escape the rush.

--We were playing with 2 O-line starters out. A good recipe for disaster.

Comet is BACK! Rushbrook and Griffin made some good grabs.

KK ran hard but their wasn't much daylight.

The D-line didn't get much pressure on the TT QB. That's a big, good TT O-line. Plus they can get rid of the ball quickly.

Secondary had some lapses but overall I like this lineup.

Here's the bottom line: This team is in transition and is going to be good before the season is over. Mark my words.

The score did not in indicate the way the game went. TT got some unbelievable homer calls as expected. We had terrible field position for most of the game.

BTW I love our NY Giants look.

Screw those coward TT fans who tried to pick fights with the band.

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited 09-01-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited 09-01-2003).]
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: I'm Up, Dang it

Postby WreckEm16 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:02 pm

Your band was chanting "Tech sucks". What exactly did you expect to happen?

And by the way, where the hell was their director during all this? I'm sure he wouldn't have stood for it if he'd heard them.

------------------
And when I die
You can bury me
In Lubbock, Texas,
In my jeans.

-Mac Davis
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Postby NavyCrimson » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:17 pm

wreck - you have a point!

i can't argue with you on that one!

i have to admit each team always has some bad apples in the group.
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby MustangSally » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:24 pm

What?!?!
I was in the second to last row of the Mustang Band, about 10 feet from those guys and I never heard anyone in our band chanting "tech sucks." One Tech guy was sitting with his SMU friends but acting totally drunk and yelling at us the whole time. He started grabbing people by the shoulders and yelling in their faces so someone got the security guy and they asked him to move. AFTER halftime, 4 or 5 more Tech guys showed up and started doing the same thing. They were throwing ice and coins and totally cussing out anyone within a 25 foot radius. This got real old and some SMU alumni got them moved. (Thanks to those guys!) I am sure in the midst of all the yelling going back and forth, some SMU fan may have said Tech Sucks, but it was NEVER chanted by the band.
From high on the hilltop, in Big D...
MustangSally
Varsity

Postby couch 'em » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:56 pm

I was in the back row of the band, and litterally almost got into a fight with some drunk tech guy. He kept trying to come down and stand in our rows. (probably to snatch a bag or horn and take off) The extent of our conversation with him was "please move back a row, this is our section" and other such comments. His replys were much less civil. Now, I don't mind tech fans around us yelling insults and such, it is part of going to an away game. What I mind is stuff being thrown, and people trying to push their way into the band and start something, as this guy did. I hear he....tripped down several rows of seats while we were at halftime. How..."unfortunate" for him.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby ponyte » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:03 pm

Wow! Sounds like a game in LR when the overall wearing cousin marrying Razorback fans tried to start something. One would never expect that kind of behavior form the overall wearing, cousin marrying Tech fans.

We were in War memorial getting the usual split and booze thrown on us by some “classy” Razorback fans. Joe Bays grabbed one of the pencil neck perp and told him if he did that to the team he was doing that to his friends and that he didn't accept that behavior. Joe still had his silver tooth and it seemed to make an impression on that particular fan. That crimson Razorback fan turned a brilliant yellow in second. Joe Bays has remained my hero to this day.
ponyte

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:44 pm

as i walked across the TT campus saturday with an SMU t-shirt on, i must have had 10 tech fans yell out "SMU sux".

get thicker skins or get out of the game.
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby WTA » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:51 pm

Wreck em

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what it is.

I hope that when Tech visited Dallas last year, SMU's campus and stadium wasn't vandalized with red spray painted "double T's" all over the place.

As an Aggie, I have felt much more welcomed at games in Austin than in Lubbock. I have some good friends that are Raiders, former, and current players and I respect them. But I have never witnessed worse fans.

By the way...the SMU band was right...
WTA

Return to Football