PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

\"O.K.\"..Time to move on, the Baylor

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

\"O.K.\"..Time to move on, the Baylor

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:12 pm

series has always been a good one for the Ponies. All-Time I think it is something like 36-33-7, SMU (one of the few "long time" series we actually lead). Post DP, Baylor's SIZE up front, both Offensively and Defensively, has absolutely stiffled the Ponies. I am sure that has changed somewhat of late with the Bears, but, what do they have? What will it take to beat these guys? and I still don't underdstand the post Tech comments about, "don't blame the coaches, they didn't throw those interceptions, they didn't fumble, they didn't blow coverage, etc.." With THAT logic, why did we fire Rossley / Cavan then..?? Sorry..I said to move on....Greatest Baylor memory...two, actually...1978, went down to Waco with some frat buds..we tried to kidnap the Baylor Bear, ended up in some strip club, Big O's, Mike Ford and E.T. lead great comeback W, 28-21..1982..after GREAT '81 "on probation" season, 4-0 at Waco..in the rain, DOWN, I get pis$$$ and go to the car to drink Buds, disgusted, turn the radio on, we start to comeback, don't want to "jink" the team, stay in my car...GREAT come from behind 22-19 W...maybe THAT'S what will happen next Sat..a GREAT come from behind Mustang W!! BEAT BAYLOR...Long Live Gary Moten.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Re: \"O.K.\"..Time to move on, the Baylor

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:38 pm

All I can remember post DP is that Baylor has beaten us like a red-headed step-child...the only SWC schools we did not come close to competing with were UT, Tech, and Baylor (primarily due to the size of the linemen).

I remember losing to BU when they didn't even have one single pass attempt at Ownby.

Also, I remember one day being so windy at Floyd Casey, that our punter standing on our 10 yard line, punted the ball across the 25-30, then the wind took it and it bounced first behind the line of scrimmage -- all of the defenders were running to beat it to the back of the end zone we just punted out of. The officials were so confused that they didn't know whether to call it a safety or a touchback!! (it was a safety). That was a most bizarre play.

Also, I remember listening to the radio when Bill Kiely went out in the first quarter or so with an injury, returning later to complete the game - ON A BROKEN LEG! I believe that was his senior year.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Re: \"O.K.\"..Time to move on, the Baylor

Postby Ikus » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:39 am

Right - enough about the opener. On to Baylor!
Can we get daily posts from the Waco paper, whatever it's called?
Ikus
Heisman

Return to Football