PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

KEEP UP THE SUPPORT OF SMU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

KEEP UP THE SUPPORT OF SMU

Postby RED » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:07 pm

I was at the Tech game as well, and I do want to say that SMU was well-represented in the stands. The band did great, and we had a great section of fans.
Let's not stop that support after just one loss! Don't loose sight of the long-term goals! Keep supporting the coaches and players. They need it now more than ever!

There is a Mustang Club party this Thursday night that EVERY MUSTANG FAN in the area should attend. Let's show the coaches that we are with them all the way! It's not a short trip to prominence! The party's at the Land Rover Dallas dealership on 75, near Royal lane. It's owned by an SMU alum! I am sure that there will be plenty of food and drinks (FREE), and we need all the Mustang Spirit that Dallas has to join together in a show of support of Mustang Football!

Don't forget to drive down to the Baylor game, too! Support these guys that work so hard to play each week. They put so much time into the season, we need to keep our support behind them.
RED

Re: KEEP UP THE SUPPORT OF SMU

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:18 pm

amen, brother. the team played hard...i was at the game and thought our guys and coaches looked prepared and that the coaches called a good game, overall. just as i said in another post, please allow me my optimism, but i think we're in good hands with coach bennett. we were simply outmanned. i, too, was disappointed that we lost all confidence after one fumble...that isn't a good sign and was probably the most disconcerting thing to me about the game. after all, even the best teams turn the ball over from time to time (admittedly, we need to do so less often.)

call me a foolish optimist, but i think we can beat baylor and i'm really looking forward to the chance to see us play a better game.

good support at the game, the band, the fans that traveled, the guys and gals that post on here...all is very important to SMU.
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:15 pm

I agree 100%, now is the time to support our team.

The "Fire Bennett" talk is non-sense, and coming from very short-sighted people.

Hopefully we can expect alot of SMU fans to make the short trip to Baylor to support our team.

Baylor is a game we have a chance to win.

I am sure our players when they are in a hostile away game stadium love to hear the chants of SMU! SMU! SMU! coming from the stands from SMU fans.

We will be there in force!

Beat The Bears!

"THE SMU BLVD - - NO PLACE ELSE" (retired)
Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans
Heisman

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:05 pm

What a hideous stadium. Let's fill that sucker with Red and Blue!

Postby Techsan81 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:11 pm

Not sure exactly how "hostile" Floyd Casey is these days...

Y'all may be outnumbered there, but you may well have the more vocal fans. Hope you knock 'em off.
I was born... on the Llano Estacado.
Techsan81
Recruit

Postby WreckEm16 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:59 pm

I was pleasantly suprised by the amount of SMU fans that showed up. If you can step up home attendance in kind, it will help immensely with recruiting.
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Return to Football