PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What are the keys to a SMU win on Saturday?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: What are the keys to a SMU win on Saturday?

Postby No Cal Pony » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:17 pm

Mr.Mustang is good by me too, far as I can tell having never met the man. I think that Hix must've had too much coffee. Time to settle down. Aren't we all here because we are SMU fans??

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:31 pm

HixsontoLeVias is a [deleted]. MrMustang1965 is probably the proudest supporter of SMU on this board.

I'd take out your frustrations on someone else. On your wife for example. You [deleted].

Sorry, UNF - got complaints.

[This message has been edited by PonyPride (edited 09-08-2003).]
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby OldPony » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:42 pm

Maybe instead of playing football, we can start a new game where our own fans attack each other and get BCS credit for beating up on each other. Our rating would be much higher. And we could run off fans we don't like since we have too many anyway. At last, something sports related thatwe can excel in!!!
OldPony
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:46 pm

Actually - if you want to see the most dysfunctional fan base go check out our friends in Waco - they are basically throwing rocks at each other.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:49 pm

HixsontoLeVias and DandyDon: Geez, guys. Take a chill pill. I'll be at the game Saturday in Waco. Come introduce yourselves to me at the alumni tent. I'll buy you a beer, if it's available.

To all others: thanks!

Oh, yeh...Sam Houston State plays Montana in Missoula. The next week (Sept. 20) we travel to Waco to play Baylor, too. The following week we play UTEP, as well.

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:07 pm

I don't very often visit other schools' sites, but the other board had a link and I couldn't resist. It's amazing how similar this thread is to the only one I read on Baylor's site. Ah yes, there are lots of happy football fans at Baylor and SMU. At least after Saturday, one group will have cause for optimism. Lord help the losers!
Charleston Pony

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:24 pm

Hey we aren't even close to the fun they are having over there - take all the same amount of success we have had with football, throw in the same only worse for basketball, toss in a Texas death match arguement about the future of the university, and oh yeah, if thats not enough, how about some religious ideology sprinkled on top - sounds like tons of fun eh?....
gostangs

Postby BornRed&Blue » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:22 am

To HixsontoLevias:
What the He&% does it matter where MrMustang65 went to school? How dare you call him a "wanna be"?

First of all, you haven't read his threads, if you say that, because he openly admits being a "wanna be", he wanted to go to SMU, loves SMU and continues to support it far better than most of its alumnae.

Secondly, being a graduate is not a pre-requisite for being an alumnae. Did you know that non-graduates can join the alumnae association? And what would SMU have done without our non-graduate alumnae donations over the years? Huh? I don't think Bob Hope went to SMU, there's a theater that bears his name, and how about Greer Garson? there's another theater with her name. The Fondren's gave all the money they gave for the library and the science building because they were Methodists and then gave equal amounts to Baylor because they lived in Waco and then challenged the Dallas residents to give to "their university". Oh, and then there are the Moody's . . .

As others have said, you need to "chill" and beat up on somebody else, not our own. I seem to be repeating myself, seems I've said this before, you big bully !
If you can't be a Mustang, marry one !
BornRed&Blue
Junior Varsity

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:28 am

..I need to take a "chill pill"??? O'K...!@#@!? I was responding to MrPutang69's "attack" on me..re-read the threads, folks. I LOVE MM65, LOVE HIM!!!! We need MORE fans like him..."hey kids, who's going to Waco?" BEAT BAYLOR......
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby The PonyGrad » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:41 am

Wow, I thought this was the "what we need to do to beat Baylor" thread.

Play hard, play smart.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Postby No Cal Pony » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:22 am

Agreed there. Seems like if SMU can play smart, get the passing going, then a win will come.

I hope much for a victory as losing to baylor... just thinking about that makes me ill.

Go Ponies!

[This message has been edited by No Cal Pony (edited 09-09-2003).]
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:39 am

Yea Hixson, he baited you, but you took it to much different, uglier level. As a bystander, take it for what its worth, we're all big boys.
Hoop Fan

Postby OlePony » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:51 pm

GoStang- At least Baylor will have a big chunk of Big 12-BCS money to help right the ship. You can also bet that they won't react with the same restrictions on themselves that we put on ourselves.
OlePony
Recruit

Previous

Return to Football