PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

After the Tech blowout, MANY

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

After the Tech blowout, MANY

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:26 am

on this forum told us ALL how to "feel". So.....how should we "feel" if Baylor wins? If SMU wins? BTW, after seeing some of our fellow "WAC bros" over the last few weeks, is this not the weakest conference in the land? IF we go .500 through this schedule, I hope my wife has hidden the knives....long live John Dunlop.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Re: After the Tech blowout, MANY

Postby Nacho » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:41 am

It would be humiliating to lose to Baylor after what UNT did to them.

It could be worse. We could be UTEP. Losing to San Louis Obispo? That's more than bad. Losing to a d-1aa team is horrendous. When do we play UTEP?

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited 09-08-2003).]
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby No Cal Pony » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:43 am

I will not be happy should we lose to Baylor. I will not be happy if we lose a bunch in the WAC, but Hix, it is not the weakest conference. No way. Fresno just beat a pac 10 team, and with more of their startes, and qb, would've played tenn. tougher. Nevada held in tough with oregon. Consider that nevada was playing their #2 qb, and are doing some rebuilding. Then there is hawaii. I'll give any team coached by June Jones a chance.

We need to be more concered about SMU. What can we, as fans, do to support our teams? What will the administration do to open up our recruiting abilities. Will Bennett show better game day coaching? What about his assistants?
We had a good recruiting start, let's hope it continues. We have a nice stadium. Let's keep some faith. Anyone who knows me knows I suport SMU thick and thin. Even while living 1,500 mile or so away. If I were in Texas, you would find me at SMU all the time. Instead of moaning, get out and do something, anything.

Also, my wife better keep sharp tools hidden too. I am getting a bit frustrated, but will not stop the support.

GO PONIES!

Also, I watched wake forest this weekend. If then can do it, why not SMU?

GO PONIES!

[This message has been edited by No Cal Pony (edited 09-08-2003).]
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:49 am

agree with you NCP. i am so tired of losing i wonder why i keep putting myself through it, but i will be at the game on saturday, up from the hill country. though i hope the players don't think the way i do, i'm 'managing my expectations' and not expecting a win. maybe some day i will be back in the frame of mind to EXPECT us to win like i was when i was in college ('79-'83).
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:32 pm

The western WAC teams have actually been reasonably competitive. Even San Jose (winning at Illinois last year) and Nevada (playing Oregon tough on the road) have shown signs of being competitive. It's the WAC east that has dragged this conference down for years. Only La Tech has made any noise outside of the conference (with 2 wins against 'Bama in recent years). SMU needs to show something...and do it soon. Realignment is coming.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTales » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nacho:
<B>It would be humiliating to lose to Baylor after what UNT did to them.... </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To hear the SMU coaches tell it, it sounds like it was more a case of what Baylor did to itself than what UNT did to Baylor. But either way, we need to win.

Go Ponies!
PonyTales
Heisman

Return to Football