PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

from a BU fan about BU football

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

from a BU fan about BU football

Postby WacoBUfan » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:08 pm

Good afternoon Folks. I wanted to say a few things about our "football" team.

1. We are severely depleated in any type of talent. We barely have a 2-deep roster.
2. Coach Morriss walked into a huge mess. Several players had academic problems. There was a huge lack of disicpline in our program. That's pretty evident by the UNT game. We still have problems.
3. Fans alike are disappointed in the loss. I think we got all excited when Morriss came to town, thinking it would be turned around overnight. That's now not gonna be the case.
4. Because we thought it was gonna happen overnight, our players did too. I think our team overlooked UNT and look what happened. If we get frustrated early and make a lot of mistakes, you can win the game.
5. I doubt now our team will over look anyone, even Sam Houston State.

With all that said, I think the game Saturday will be a good contest. We can't win at home or on the road. I read in a previous post, that the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. That is correct in this case here.

Best of luck for your season too.

------------------
And North Texas Scores again!
And North Texas Scores again!
WacoBUfan

Re: from a BU fan about BU football

Postby The PonyGrad » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:19 pm

The way it looks is not the team that makes the fewest mistakes but rather does not make the most mistakes. "Few" may not be the operative word.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: from a BU fan about BU football

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:14 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WacoBUfan:
<B>
5. I doubt now our team will over look anyone, even Sam Houston State.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a Bearkat from SHSU, that makes me VERY happy! Image

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football