PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Good Luck!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Good Luck!

Postby bear2be2 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:32 pm

I know from experience how annoying opposing team's fans can be (esp. when your team has been struggling as of late), but I am here to wish you guys luck on Saturday. for all of those coming, have a safe trip. It should be a good game and it's great to respark the rivalry.

[This message has been edited by bear2be2 (edited 09-09-2003).]
Sic 'em Bears
bear2be2

Re: Good Luck!

Postby EastStang » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:36 pm

Thanks for your pleasant thoughts. Good luck to the Bears, too. I just hope it will be a good game and that we manage a long needed W.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby bear2be2 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:44 pm

Both teams need this win badly, and the one that makes the least mistakes will leave the victor. I just hope it's clean game in which both teams play well, no one gets hurt, and the Bears edge it out.
Sic 'em Bears
bear2be2

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:45 pm

Good Luck? Why would we wish them good luck? I am 100% against talking smack, but wishing them good luck does no good. I hope we kill Baylor! See you at the game.
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Postby bear2be2 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:01 pm

I'm wishing the fans good luck on their trip to Waco. I want to see a well played game by the Bears that will result in GuyMo's first win. I would just like to see SMU, Rice, Houston, and Baylor turn their programs around. So I do wish you luck on your season.
Sic 'em Bears
bear2be2

Postby WorldStang » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:24 pm

During the mid 80s.. can't remember the exact year, I went down to Waco to watch the ponies beat Baylor in a really good game. I will never forget or forgive the F*****G Baylor Line for what they did. Those aholes carried a banner around the inside of the stadium that read.. "Prostitutes, Pay-offs, Probation and the Ponies.. no where else but SMU." As the aholes got in front of the SMU Band.. our band jumped out on the field and ripped the banner up.. while kicking some asses in the process. To this day, I can't imagine such classless f**kers able to get away with that at Baptist on the Brazos!!?

I hope we crush the hell out of this team. I've got family that went to Baylor and SMU.. but have Baylor in the same sights as A$M and BlowU. Let's go boys.. kick some [deleted] this weekend!! Talked to the ticket office and our allotment is sold out. I'm taking 12 SMU grads with me to yell for the team.. let's get pumped and kick the crap out of the Bears while they're down!! They did it to us!!!

[This message has been edited by WorldStang (edited 09-09-2003).]
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby The PonyGrad » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:42 pm

Wow, no reply to that one!

Go Ponies.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Postby SMUDAVE94 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:56 pm

Hell Yea I agree. Baylor always took great pleasure in our misfortunes. Back in the 90s and the book scandal, they rode that like we had killed someone. Not so fun when the shoe is on the other foot is it? I hope everyone gets there safe too, but I hope that SMU gives Baylor some Payback. What goes around, comes around!!
SMUDAVE94

Postby EastStang » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:04 pm

Remember, if the SWC broke up 10 years earlier, it would have been Gov. Clements forcing the Big 12 to take SMU and Baylor would be in the WAC today. Doesn't matter where they are, they're still in the bottom 10 with us.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:48 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bear2be2:
<B>I know from experience how annoying opposing team's fans can be (esp. when your team has been struggling as of late), but I am here to wish you guys luck on Saturday. for all of those coming, have a safe trip. It should be a good game and it's great to respark the rivalry.[This message has been edited by bear2be2 (edited 09-09-2003).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See Ya There!! Good Luck!! GO PONIES!!

------------------
The Pride and Winning Tradition of the SMU Mustangs Will Not Be Untrusted to the Weak Nor the Timid
L! O! B! O! S! LOBOS! GO!!!!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby FloridaMustang » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:52 pm

Haha amen. I can't wait for the day we'll be able to back up our smack with a winning record. Beat the Bears! And Nevada! And.. yeah.

Go Mustangs!
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby TrueBUfan » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:07 am

your team can't even beat navy. im sorry but there is no chance for the sad ponies this saturday when they come to the baylor bubble
TrueBUfan

Postby The PonyGrad » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:10 am

Seems to me that Baylor lost to Tech 62-11 last season.

Baylor is sooo much better than we are, yeah right.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Return to Football