PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor Tickets

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Baylor Tickets

Postby M Street Stang » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:43 am

I was over at the ticket office and the Mustang Club yesterday to pick up extra tickets for the OSU game. I asked three people about the Baylor tickets. They all said the same thing: SMU was allotted 2,000 tickets and sold them all. Apparently none were sent back.
M Street Stang
Scout Team

Postby Stallion » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:19 am

WOW! 2,000 tickets-that's puts us squarely in last place among Texas schools for traveling size to a nearby rival-Congrats you have won a spot in the Sunbelt Conference.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby EastStang » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:03 pm

I suspect that SMU fans in Waco bought their tickets at Baylor. I have to agree with Stallion that our ticket office ought to get a larger allotment for regional games (without guaranteeing anything) and then work off that total (or have some sort of TicketMaster deal with an allotted number) so that SMU fans can buy tickets up to Thursday. Such marketing helps SMU look better as a having a strong travelling fan base at least regionally. On the other hand, how many tickets does OSU allot to OU for a game in Stillwater? It may be that Baylor doesn't want to sell too many tickets to opposing fans, which is called cutting off one's nose despite one's face.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football