PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor Tickets

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Baylor Tickets

Postby Diehard Pony » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:16 pm

Went by Moody this afternoon to buy Baylor tickets. Guess what???.......we've sold our allotment out. I haven't heard of that happening since before the DP. I have no idea how many they sent up (neither did Reid Parker), but you would think they would send a ton based on minimal demand in Waco.

Anyway, Reid stated he would find some tickets for me, and I am sure there will be more than a few available in the ticket window at kickoff.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Re: Baylor Tickets

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:42 pm

Yeah!! same here! tried to get tickets and sold out so got em from the Baylor ticket place and they sat us with the rest of the Mustang Fans *happy happy joy joy* 5 People comin with me

------------------
The Pride and Winning Tradition of the SMU Mustangs Will Not Be Untrusted to the Weak Nor the Timid
L! O! B! O! S! LOBOS! GO!!!!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:05 pm

That is indeed good news and hopefully will encourage both sides to maintain the rivalry.

If SMU and TCU ever do reunite in the same conference, I would like to see us play Baylor every year.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Stallion » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:12 pm

SMU has been sending back its tickets to away games about 5 days before the game for years now-I'd bet ya that they didn't sell out just sent their allotment back-a practice that I think is ridiculous.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby FloridaMustang » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:46 pm

Stallion, can you please go back to work for the athletic dept. so we actually have some sensible goddamn people there?
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Diehard Pony » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:19 pm

Stallion, I asked Reid if they sent any tickets back to Baylor and he told me no. He said in almost every instance they have, but not this time.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby Eddie P » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:42 am

Stallion-

I will have to call you out on your last comment. Let me ask you a question: Why do you think it is stupid for SMU to send their allotment of unsold tickets back to the opposing school? Would you prefer SMU to purchase all of the unsold tickets? You of all people should know how many times we have sold out our allotment of tickets to an away game, so I think it would be "ridiculous" for our athletic department to eat the cost of several hundred tickets a game for every away game rather than to send them back, thus freeing ourselves of any financial obligation for them. I could be wrong about how this process works but I don't think I am...

[This message has been edited by Eddie P (edited 09-10-2003).]

Postby Stallion » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:10 pm

No I would expect that businesses 100 miles away that know they have demand and attract customers who are likely to frequent that business next week will be smart enough to provide a supply to meet demand of those likely to attend. Have these people heard of OVERNIGHT DELIVERY???? Its only 1 1/2 hours down the road. Heck I bet we could get our sponsor SPECIAL DELIVERY to make the trip and be back by lunch(Craig you owe me for the plug).The game is likely to attract less than 25,000 with about 20,000 empty seats at least. That is not how businesses are run
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:10 pm

In a home and home series, I don't think SMU gets a cut of the Baylor gate, so it has no bottom line impact to SMU if we sell 100 tickets or a 1000 does it? Its more of a customer service issue and only diehards go to road games anyway. In short, its not a big deal but we tend to blow everything up as arm chair ADs.
Hoop Fan

Postby Stallion » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:49 pm

Do you work in the athletic department too-because that's the type of attitude that needs to be completely expunged from our athletic department.

Stallion

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:28 pm

OVERNIGHT Delivery? Well, that's fine and dandy, but there is probably some stipulation that they get them BACK in a reasonable time frame to make them "re-"available for sale other than a few hours just before the game is played.

It would simply be courteous to allow Baylor an extended opportunity to resell them, not just the day before. I am sure that this is not only courteous, but a contractual obligation as well.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:14 pm

Do some of you seriously work for the athletic department-I've heard that every message board generally has someone assigned to it to deflect any critism .

Stallion

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:21 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stallion:
<B> Do some of you seriously work for the athletic department-I've heard that every message board generally has someone assigned to it to deflect any critism . </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO!!!!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:32 pm

I obviously don't work for the athletic dept, but there are things worth worrying about and there are things that are no big deal. What is the crux of the problem Stallion? IF there are going to be 25000 empty seats as you predict, you won't have any problem strolling up for a ticket at gametime. If you can't make your plans for a road game before the week of the game, we can't expect SMU to take a financial risk by holding a bunch of tickets for the off chance some of might call up at the last minute for seats. And besides, instead of picking up the phone to call the SMU tix office, make the same simple call to Baylor instead. You don't need a delivery service, theres this new thing called "Will Call".
Hoop Fan

Postby MustangStealth » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:05 pm

I heard that all our allotment had been sold, but that today (Wed.) they were selling tickets again at Hughes Trigg. I think we actually got more from Baylor.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Football