PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The current depth chart in smumustangs...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The current depth chart in smumustangs...

Postby No Quarter » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:00 am

Where does Byron Bonds rank? And Jay Taylor?
Are they still hurt?

And the freshman receiver, Pellerin, mentioned by Bennett, did he get into the TT game? Ditto for Bey?

Does Eidson handle all snapping or is Reindl the man in a shotgun formation?

Is there any expectation/hope that the second team O-line will play as a unit against Baylor?
No Quarter
Heisman

Re: The current depth chart in smumustangs...

Postby The PonyGrad » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:02 am

Jay Taylor apparently out for the year. While not a break, the foot injury is being compared to the one that kept the Comet out last season.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Under the Lights » Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by No Quarter:
<B>Where does Byron Bonds rank? And Jay Taylor?
Are they still hurt?

And the freshman receiver, Pellerin, mentioned by Bennett, did he get into the TT game? Ditto for Bey?

Does Eidson handle all snapping or is Reindl the man in a shotgun formation?

Is there any expectation/hope that the second team O-line will play as a unit against Baylor?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The most recent depth chart is available at SMUmustangs.com - football - gamenotes

shotgun snaps are done by the center in the game, i.e., if Reindl is the center in a shotgun formation he does the shotgun snap. If Turner (2nd team center) is in the game at center, he provides the snaps in a shotgun formation.
Under the Lights
Scout Team

Postby FloridaMustang » Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:31 am

I suggest some you read this board a little more thoroughly to find the answer to these questions. Also, it's Brandon Bonds, not Byron.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby No Quarter » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:29 am

PG - Thanks for the note about Taylor, bad news though it was. I had not heard that he is out for the year.

UTL - Thanks for the explanation about Eidson. BTW, my questions were based on the Baylor game notes, where incidentally, Berry is listed as a redshirt and not a true freshman.

UNF - Point taken about Bonds name and my apologies to him, but your advice to read the board is not understood. There has not been much recent mention of Bonds, Pellerin, or Taylor.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby Under the Lights » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:07 am

No problem, glad to help. Just call me "Light". BTW, portions of the 2nd team o-line could see action (individually vs as a unit) depending on how our first unit is performing. This needs to be a foundation performance by our entire team. A positive experience to take into the OSU game and beyond. Prediction: SMU 28 Baylor 17

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by No Quarter:
<B>PG - Thanks for the note about Taylor, bad news though it was. I had not heard that he is out for the year.

UTL - Thanks for the explanation about Eidson. BTW, my questions were based on the Baylor game notes, where incidentally, Berry is listed as a redshirt and not a true freshman.

UNF - Point taken about Bonds name and my apologies to him, but your advice to read the board is not understood. There has not been much recent mention of Bonds, Pellerin, or Taylor.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Under the Lights
Scout Team

Postby Pony4Life » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:25 pm

Bonds will play. They held him out of practice last week as a precaution, and supposedly he's about 100 percent.

Jay Taylor, as mentioned above, is probably done for the year. Nasty foot sprain, or some such....

Reynaldo Pellerin is one of three freshman WRs (along with Blake Warren and Jay'Mond Cleveland) who Coach Bennett says will play this year. I don't know if Pellerin or Cleveland made it on the field in Lubbock, but with their size, they need to get into the rotation. Soon. I gather Pellerin, in particular, has looked really good in practice.

Not sure about whether Jamar Bey played, or where he sits in the rotation. I do know that Don Ieremia-Stansbury and Melvin Williams are expected to be the starting DEs again this weekend, and supposedly Lucky DeLay could get some playing time, too. I would assume Bey will be in there somewhere, too.

Reindl does all the snapping on offense, whether the QB is under center or in the shotgun. Eidson is the deep snapper.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby No Quarter » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:51 am

P4L - Thanks for the note. The reason I asked about Pellerin and Bey was Bennett's comment they'd get playing time and then there was no mention I saw. I wish SMU published more complete participation charts in the game notes.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby KnuckleStang » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:59 am

Any word on whether Fitzgerald will play a down against Baylor?
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Return to Football