PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tech Angst is Stupid!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tech Angst is Stupid!

Postby ponyboy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:10 pm

The angst of some on this board over ONE LOSS is nothing short of stupid! Tech is awfully, awfully strong at home against top level competition. Yes, I wish it had been closer, that Tech hadn't been allowed the points late in the game.

Again, unlike our match at Ford last year, Tech is dominant at home. Did you realize that Tech was 5-1 at home last year? (The one loss was in OT against NC State). And boy did they score some points. Here's the rundown:

Win over Ole Miss. Scored 42
Loss to NC State in OT. Scored 48
Win over Missou. Scored 52
Win over Baylor. Scored 62
Win over OSU. Scored 49
Win over UT. Scored 42

Chill. The season's early!

BEAT BAYLOR!
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Tech Angst is Stupid!

Postby OldPony » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:28 pm

The season is early. SMU's showing against TT was hugely disappointing though. A 48 point loss against anyone, anywhere is humiliating. TT is not vying for the national championship. They may end up a top 20 team but I would be very surprised at a BCS bowl.
We will find out if we have made any progress this week. UNT's drubbing of Baylor shows that Baylor doesn't have squat. That is not bashing UNT but they certainly aren't top 25 caliber.
OldPony
Heisman

Re: Tech Angst is Stupid!

Postby ponyboy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:44 pm

These guys absolutely slaughter people at home. We joined a nice list which includes the University of Texas and OSU. There's no reason to beat ourselves up about it.

And you know what? Despite the drumbeat negativity by some on this board, most fans are buying into this team, as evidenced by the number of folks making the trip south to Waco.

BEAT BAYLOR!
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football