PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ramon Flanigan

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ramon Flanigan

Postby geephunk » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:25 pm

How did it come to be that Ramon is coaching at UNT? Why didn't he start here as a GA? He was a great player and I wish we had him.

Any Comments?
geephunk
Scout Team

Re: Ramon Flanigan

Postby ALL4SMU » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:23 pm

The head coach was the offensive Coordinator in Ramon's final season. I am sure they just had a good relationship.
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby Fooball » Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:57 pm

Maybe he's bitter about sitting on the bench for the final drive of the final game of his career against our biggest rivalry with the game and a bowl bid on the line.

I think I counted 3 passes that Chris Sanders bounced off the turf before they reached their receivers.

It was fun watching the TCU students tear down the goalposts. Good work Cavan.
Fooball
Junior Varsity

Postby ALL4SMU » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:15 am

If that was the case, I doubt he would be working for the offensive coordinator that called those pass plays..
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby ALL4SMU » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:50 am

[quote}What are you up to and how have you evolved to be where you are at North Texas?

It's just a blessing. Coach Dickey, the head coach here at North Texas, was the offensive coordinator my senior year at SMU. We just developed a good relationship and he felt like he could trust me. After my senior year, I played in Germany and when I got back, he had a position open for me – a full-time position coach in Division I-A at 24 years old. I was in the right place at the right time and Coach Dickey gave me the opportunity. After that, I have taken it upon myself to learn more about the way he does things and his offensive philosophy. Things have fallen into place for me. We had some guys that were here that moved for different reasons, so I got a chance to move up to be in a position to be the offensive coordinator. It's just blossomed for me. We've had a couple of good seasons with two conference championships and a bowl win. Things have really fallen well for me.
[\\quote]

[This message has been edited by ALL4SMU (edited 09-12-2003).]
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby ponyte » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:03 am

All4SMU, got any suggestions on how we can kick the snot outta Baylor? What might we fans look (or listen) for the Ponies to do to be successful? Does Baylor have the potential to make vast improvements over last week or is their system just one big Charlie Foxtrot?

Thanks for your thoughts.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ALL4SMU » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:21 pm

That was supposed to be a quote from an article. I messed it up..
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby ponyte » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:32 pm

Ah, shucks!
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football