PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Red versus Blue....you make the call

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Red versus Blue....you make the call

Postby Stallion » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:18 pm

Look I don't know if you do drugs or not but in the last 40 years I've been attending SMU games the dominant color has ALWAYS been blue except for some poorly conceived and received red jerseys by Dave Smith, Tom Rossley and Mike Cavan. SMU has worn Blue on over 90% of the time during that period. What color is the sky in your world?

[This message has been edited by Stallion (edited 09-11-2003).]
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:03 pm

...you are wrong on this one, kricky.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:15 pm

...you are wrong on this one, kricky.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby NavyCrimson » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:01 pm

like 'BornRed&Blue' said, maybe a candy stripe gold shirt/polo shirt of some type would be good...maybe the spirit shop, varsity shop or the book store could have some striped shirts that are uniquely designed for smu for everyday wear that would be ideal for the games or whatever other occasions that the fans could wear instead of the traditional all red or blue like it is now (maybe we should just wear white like the miami dolphins of the early 70's - remember those white uni's & towels the fans always swung during the games - now that was neat!) lol ... also...

for the team - if we're using red (crimson is the real color for us anyway)...let's design a really sharp - beautiful dark red or crimson color for the football unis ... something that is 'pure smu' that would be noticed in real-life as well as on the tv set when watching...something that when someone sees us, they know for sure that its smu b/c of the crimson/dark red color ... something that really stands out - strong, sharp & beautiful - nothing like the boring different shades of red that's currently on the market that all the other teams are using ... i refer this to the new 'smu blue' helmets just ordered for the team...i read that the test helmet was sent back several times b/c the colors were not the right shade of navy or yale blue ... that either smu has a patent of some type on this color or any team that wishes to use this particular shade of blue has to get smu's permission before using this particular color for their helmets...now that's neat! that's a statement!!!! that's sharp!!!!!!

a beautiful shade of crimson (dark red) could not only be really sharp but characterically 'smu', too.

[This message has been edited by Navy&Crimson (edited 09-11-2003).]
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby FloridaMustang » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:02 pm

I don't give a damn what our "dominant color" has been for the past 50 years. Red or blue is great, and against Baylor, blue or red would stand out fine.. of course, I just prefer red because its so bright.

And Stallion, I've seen the red jerseys now and I think they're the best yet. They really look sharp.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Letterman » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:53 pm

I like the blue better, but the red will stand out better against Baylor's dark green.

Then again, that will make Floyd Casey Stadium look like a 50,000-seat Christmas tree.
Letterman
Scout Team

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:54 pm

I've got a collection of both red and blue. Didn't know that either color was "dominant". If the opposition is red, I wear blue and vice versa. Hey, Baylor is green & yellow. Would be nice to see lots of both red and blue in the stands. Won't be hard to spot the Mustangs in Waco. Wish I could be there.
Charleston Pony

Postby Joyous » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:17 pm

Wish you could too! Want me to come pick you up? Image
Joyous
Varsity

Postby SMUstang » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:31 pm

I'm wearing my Ponyfans.com golf shirt.
SMUstang
Heisman

Postby BornRed&Blue » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:10 am

I've got it...let's take advantage, especially after today and the anniversary it represents, and wear red, WHITE, and blue, so our loyalty to our school AND our country, since our cool school has the colors of our country, and there will be no mistaking to those Bears, who is a Mustang and who is not !
If you can't be a Mustang, marry one !
BornRed&Blue
Junior Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:32 am

Joyous: sounds like a plan. Have Mr C use his pull and swing a plane by. As long as you're coming all the way out here to get me, we might as well have lunch (or dinner) here in Charleston. If you've never visited, there's lots of nice places here.

Seriously, though...good luck in Waco. Sure hope these guys taste some success this year. Would be great to see Chris go out a winner.Hope to see you at the UTEP game.
Charleston Pony

Postby XmustangXdeathX » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:00 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by UNFMustang06:
<B>I don't give a damn what our "dominant color" has been for the past 50 years. Red or blue is great</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!
Oh you gotta love it. The horns, the drums, the noise! It's all for the love of music, for the love of the game.
XmustangXdeathX
Scout Team

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:54 pm

Red. In determining the colors for a great Dallas university, those who decided debated a second color. The unanimous choice for a first color was red (actually Crimson). The participants were divided on the second color. The possibilities included white, gold and blue. So, red was our FIRST color, anyway. First letter sweaters were white and first letter jackets were red.
Bergermeister

Postby Diehard Pony » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bergermeister:
<B>Red. In determining the colors for a great Dallas university, those who decided debated a second color. The unanimous choice for a first color was red (actually Crimson). The participants were divided on the second color. The possibilities included white, gold and blue. So, red was our FIRST color, anyway. First letter sweaters were white and first letter jackets were red.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what?? Take a look at our uniforms and what you will see is a whole lot of blue, and only a hint of red. Texas fans don't wear white because their is a hint of white in their uniforms, they wear orange, and so on. It's really pretty simple.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Previous

Return to Football