PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

BU run defense

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: BU run defense

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:21 pm

Calling Rossley the best coach of the Post DP era is stretching it. Granted he had limited options with what he had to work with that he felt that the gimmicky Run and Shoot was his best option but I will never forget his horrific decision making. I remember the game in 1993 at the Astrodome where the 'stangs were up 21-0 on Cougar High and he failed to put the nail in the coffin and they came back and tied the game at 21. There were many examples but I do remember that game vividly. Since he had the lead, he thought he would get all cute with the run and when it was 3rd and 20, he'd call frickin' draw plays(note:this apparently has become an SMU tradition as I've seen every coach since on 3rd and anything more than 1 call for a run up the middle) instead of at least trying to get some yardage when the past two plays before,not to mention all game, we couldn't run to save Peruna's life.
Oh well, I'm glad that instead of making SMU football a living hell that he's now making all those obnoxious Packer fans miserable although i do feel for Brett Favre.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Re: BU run defense

Postby OldPony » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:06 pm

Funny. Favre liked him when Brett wasn't throwing interceptions. If Favre was the best player, would he get the MPV award?
OldPony
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football