PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Top 10: Baylor

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Top 10: Baylor

Postby Letterman » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:36 pm

From the home office, High on the Hilltop, the top 10 surprises awaiting the Mustangs when they travel to Waco for Saturday's game with Baylor:

10. Baylor locker room erupts into chaos when irate teammates demand to know why backup WR Baylor Barbee gets to have his first name on the front of his jersey, rather than getting the traditional style of jersey with just his last name on the back

9. Reading the NCAA-mandated pre-game message about following the rules and fair competition: Dave Bliss

8. Baylor quarterback Aaron Karas is nowhere to be found at game time; he's later discovered holed up in his apartment, watching an all-day marathon of "Webster" re-runs in what he terms a tribute to Alex Karras, who he mistakenly thinks is his uncle

7. The game marks Baylor's 2003 Parents Weekend; game is delayed when SMU offensive lineman Sterling Harris is overcome with remorse after pancaking defensive end's mom

6. Floyd Casey Stadium is sold out as Baylor fans clamor to see the Mustangs' first appearance in Waco since 1994 and because of a planned post-game concert featuring Madonna and Britney Spears; BU fans leave long before game ends because Ponies dominate game and because of rumors that conservative school administrators won't allow Madonna and Britney to re-enact their awards show kiss

5. Game is delayed at start as Baylor alum and longtime NFL safety Vann McElroy is honored in a pregame celebration for his status as a fraternity brother of PonyFans.com moderators I AM and PonyPride
(Caught you off-guard with that one, eh guys?)

4. Thousands of Central Texas NASCAR fans swarm Baylor head coach, asking what they would need to do to score some free cigarettes from Coach Morriss's "uncle Phillip"

3. Baylor defensive coordinator hangs his head in embarrassment when, after screaming to his players that the SMU is lined up in a "twins" formation (two WRs on the same side of the field), middle linebacker Stephen Sepulveda suddenly blows a timeout to squeal to his teammates about his long-held admiration for Ashley and Mary Kate Olson

2. The start of the game is delayed when the frazzled referee announces he won't conduct the pre-game coin toss until SOMEONE tells him when Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are re-scheduling their wedding

And the #1 surprise awaiting the Mustangs when they travel to Waco for Saturday's game with Baylor:

1. The method of providing prerecorded accompaniment to popular songs that a performer sings live, usually by following the words on a video screen and usually after consuming waaaaaay too many drinks, is not named after Baylor wide receiver Robert Quiroga
Letterman
Scout Team

Re: Top 10: Baylor

Postby Roach » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:52 pm

Phillip Morris reference is great. Olson twins reference is a little frightening.

But you've outdone yourself - this is awesome!
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Postby Water Pony » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:49 pm

The Baylor Bear claws the referee after he signals Touchdown on the Ponies' last score which wins the game 28 to 23 for the Mustangs. Baylor remains green with envy.

[This message has been edited by Water Pony (edited 09-11-2003).]
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Jim Rome » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:22 am

Nice addition, Water Pony - this one truly is a Top 11.
I'm a Pony, and I'm a PonyFan!
Jim Rome
Junior Varsity

Postby Jim Rome » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:25 am

But #10 is the best on the list.
I'm a Pony, and I'm a PonyFan!
Jim Rome
Junior Varsity

Postby Lotus » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:56 am

#4 is by far the funniest
SMU! SMU! SMU!
Lotus
All-American

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:48 am

#4 is classic.

#9 is pushing it.. since Bliss did screw up at SMU as well. He just didn't get caught for it in '88.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Lefty » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:24 am

Interesting - that's exactly WHY I think #9 is so funny, because he overstepped the line (to one degree or another) at both schools. Maybe that's not what "Letterman" meant, but that's the way I took it.

Pretty good!
Lefty
All-American

Postby HorsePower » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:19 pm

Where's MrMustang on this? Wasn't he the one asking for such a list? And with good reason - they get better and better.

I'll go out on a limb and bet the rent that's the first time Webster has ever been mentioned on this site!
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby Otto » Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:01 am

You're on a roll, Letterman!
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:48 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HorsePower:
<B>Where's MrMustang on this? Wasn't he the one asking for such a list? And with good reason - they get better and better.

I'll go out on a limb and bet the rent that's the first time Webster has ever been mentioned on this site!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here I am, HorsePower. Sorry for the delay. Thanks, Letterman! Once again...CLASSIC!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MustangFan » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:53 am

Here's hoping Sterling Harris pancakes a few DEs today, too - not just their moms.
Great stuff!
MustangFan
All-American

Postby Pony4Life » Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:19 pm

I remember Stephen Sepulveda when he played at Highland Park HS, and somehow I can't picture him getting all excited about the Olson twins. Sure makes for a funny mental picture, though!
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Return to Football