PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jonas Rutledge

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jonas Rutledge

Postby PonyTales » Mon Oct 09, 2000 12:56 pm

I thought Jonas had a good game. He made mistakes -- I think he got beat for SJSU's first score because he never turned his head to look for the ball, and he also dropped a would-be interception that hit him in the hands -- but he also made some really nice plays, breaking up a bunch of passes and making some nice open-field hits.

Keep it up, JR.
PonyTales
Heisman

Re: Jonas Rutledge

Postby smudad » Mon Oct 09, 2000 2:03 pm

Thought it was Dorsey on the first TD. And it seemed he didn't play much after that.
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Re: Jonas Rutledge

Postby jettison » Mon Oct 09, 2000 3:49 pm

DBs are not taught to always turn and look for the ball... they are taught to look into a receiver's eyes.

That doesn't mean he wasn't beat with speed, because I don't think there was much he (whoever it was) could have done, including turning around to look for the ball.

The good thing about the defense is that they are getting into the games quicker each game. They played decent against San Jose after the first drive, which was an improvement from playing good only after the first half in Houston, and after about 3 quarters against Tulane.

If someone could just intercept some passes, or make some hard hits.
jettison
Junior Varsity

Return to Football