PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Good Game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Good Game

Postby DallasBear » Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:30 am

I figured this was going to be a very close game between two (unfortunately) evenly matched teams tonight, and that's what it was. I think BU's edge in special teams was a major difference in the game.

I thought SMU brought a nice contingent of fans tonight and it was good to see the regional rivalry renewed once again. I always thought of BU-SMU as a respectful rivalry and I hope you all who made the trip down were treated well. There were many memorable matchups between the two schools in the late 70s, through the 80's when both schools were highly ranked. And the series record is very, very close.

I hope that after our return trip to Ford Stadium in 2005 that this series will continue. I know we also renew our series with TCU in 2006.

While both of our programs are going through incredibly tough times, I think that the latest coaching hires for each program are encouraging. I know that Bennett had a very nice recruiting class this past year, but it takes time for them to yield the results you want. Good luck the rest of the season to the Ponies!

DallasBear
<A HREF=\"http://www.baylorfans.com\" TARGET=_blank>www.baylorfans.com</A>
DallasBear

Re: Good Game

Postby Diehard Pony » Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:52 am

Classy post DalasBear. It was an entertaining and close fought battle that was decided by a handful of plays. I look forward to continuing our rivalry.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Re: Good Game

Postby PonyFan » Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:56 am

Right back at you, DB - best of luck the rest of the way.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Return to Football