PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Old Fan

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Old Fan

Postby SMUstang » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:32 am

This old fan is getting awful tired of waiting for a winning team at SMU. We have regressed since the days of Rossely it is very sad to say. At least in those days we had some great games against atm, North Carolina, Wisconsin, UCLA, Arkansas, etc. And we actually beat teams like Tulane, Vanderbilt, North Texas, and TCU. Can't do that any more. I'm wondering if I will live long enough to see SMU win again.
SMUstang
Heisman

Re: Old Fan

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:52 am

rest assured. better days are ahead. hope you're not "too" old, because it might be 2005 before we see any significant improvement, but it will happen. Remember, Rossley had the benefit of recruiting as a member of the SWC. That's a big hurdle to clear these days, i.e., recruiting in the WAC as a BCS cast-off. I'm impressed with what Bennett & his staff accomplished in their 1st full year of recruiting and those guys will be contributing by 2005 and will be in their 3rd year under Bennett's system. Better days are ahead. Hey, can it get any worse???
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Old Fan

Postby VarsityShop » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:58 am

Mr Old SMU FAN, don't worry you are not alone.

I am not even old and I wonder if SMU can win before I die!
VarsityShop
Varsity

Return to Football