PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Real Losers

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The Real Losers

Postby mustangmawmaw » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:12 pm

The real LOSERS are you fans that don't have the GUTS to convince the Ponies that they are WINNERS. You are just as much a part of making this team winners as the coaches are, YOU are their coaches in the stands. If any of you guys out there are corporate people then you know you have built your work force to be winners and number is one is make them believe they are winners, you support and encourage them. You show me you don't have what it takes to be a Ponies Fan by putting them down. If you have extra tickets for the Oklahoma game then give them to a Hospital or Home that have patients that would love to go to the game but can't afford it. If you really want this team to be winners and are true fans you will get out and round up people to be at that game to show support for this team, you would encourage every person in the Dallas Fort Worth area to be at that game. Some of you can afford to send bus loads to that game and write it off as charity. I have to listen to the games on my computer in Hannibal, MO what I heard was some good calls by Bartel and some good blocking, we did make some mistakes but so did Baylor. Quit beating these young men over head and grow with them be what they need you to be the best Fans in the Conference
mustangmawmaw

Re: The Real Losers

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:15 pm

welcome to the SMU family, mawmaw! If we had more (and therefore better) fans, we would still be playing with the BCS group today. It's been a problem for SMU since my days there ('70-'74). Less than 5% of our living alumni contribute to the Mustang Club. Following athletics, at least losing programs, is simply not the SMU thing to do. Fifteen years of futility takes it's toll on even the most ardent fan, and that's who you are dealing with on this board. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that most on this board are Chicago Cubs or Boston Redsox fans. We are simply gluttons for punishment, but we are diehard fans until the end and will continue to support our guys. Sometimes we forget that our guys appear to "stink" because they are simply physically overmatched, or trying to do too much to win a game. I don't think anyone means it to be personal.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football