PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

you guys are idiots

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

you guys are idiots

Postby Nacho » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:27 pm

Game summary:

muffed punt: 3 for Baylor

missed FG: not 3 for us. You do the math.

An extremely boring and very, very, very predictable SMU offense. You couldn't pay me to watch a replay of this game. At least 80% of the runs went off right tackle. KK was never rested. He had to be exhausted by the end of the game. Why not use Fitzgerald at least some of the time if all you are going to do is run the ball.

Wrs had many drops.

Bartel was fine. He is the solution, not the problem. Anyone who blame this loss on Bartel doesn't know a thing about football and should stop posting nonsense on this board.

Hard to win when you don't play to win. Not many wins when your goal is to score 7-10 points/game. Incredibly this is exactly what Cavan did, only I think he tried to win 10-9--that doesn't work either.

D was excellent.

Missed FG in the 4th was crucial but at 10-10, who nows which team would have won.

Blame this loss on the offense coaches if you want to blame it on anyone. They drew up this abortion of a game plan.

My advice to the coaches: try to win. Don't try not to lose. Couldn't hurt. When the D holds a team to 10 points there is no excuse for losing the freaking game. Baylor is a bad team. You lost to the worst eam in the Big 12. There only other W will come against Sam Houston. Pathetic.

I still love you. See you at OSU.

[This message has been edited by Nacho (edited 09-14-2003).]
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: you guys are idiots

Postby Hoofprint » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nacho:
<B>Bartel was fine. He is the solution, not the problem.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said. Personally, I'd kind of like to see SMU go to a two-minute offense early in the game, just to throw off the other team. As it stands now, everyone in the building knows KK's going to get the ball 30-40 times a game.

Did everyone see Miami play Florida last week? When he was in a controlled offense, UM quarterback Brock Berlin was awful. When they went to a no-huddle, he went wild, leading the Canes to the win. I'm not saying Richard Bartel is Brock Berlin, but he has many qualities that might just allow him to thrive in such an offense. He's kind of a gunslinger. Don't ask him to think too much, and he'll be amazing, playing backyard football.

I know, it won't happen. Let me dream a little.

[This message has been edited by Hoofprint (edited 09-14-2003).]
Hoofprint
All-American

Return to Football