PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Seriously, whats the point .......

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Seriously, whats the point .......

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by i10pony:
<B> I went to the game yesterday it was my first time attending a game as an alum and I was sitting with some old timers and at the end of the game you could see the despair and dissapointment in their eyes. I was honestly sad for them.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also went to the game on Saturday and it was truely sad! We had that game locked up even though all those mistakes and such crap like that! I didnt give up till they made that first down on 4th and inches! Truely sad to see my mom give up wtih 3 minutes left and shes the one telling me to keep up hope and never let down just to see that! Im sorry but you wont see me at that Oklahoma State game Go Stangs and Lobos!

------------------
The Pride and Winning Tradition of the SMU Mustangs Will Not Be Untrusted to the Weak Nor the Timid
L! O! B! O! S! LOBOS! GO!!!!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Seriously, whats the point .......

Postby BornRed&Blue » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:49 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by i10pony:
[B]of having this football program around. During my 4 1/2 years at SMU this program has been a source of dissent,discontent, apathy, and acrimony among students, alumni,faculty,and the administration.

i10pony,
4 1/2 years in the history of a University that has been on the ground over 90 years, is not enough time to understand or evaluate. I don't know where you are from originally, and I applaud your reasons for attending SMU, but this is Texas, and if we want to stay a competitive University in Texas and hope to attract Texas kids, football is important. If you were to track SMU football, through the years that you mentioned, you would find highs and lows. There are graduates in my family from '42,'50,'54,'74,&'78. There have been glory years and there have been mediocre years. No school is always up, and no other university has had to recover from the death penalty. Nothing was as low as the death penalty, which by the way, the NCAA will never administer again, decided it is too harsh. If for no other reason, than to show the NCAA that they cannot kill a program, we need to stay strong, stay supportive, and stay behind our 1A division rating, and football. I do not feel sorry for the Hunts and the Fords, they knew what they were supporting, and they came on board when the program was struggling. We need to support the faith that they DO have in SMU and not feel sorry and crawl away with our tail between our legs. If they can believe in SMU, we should too, and support it with our $$$ and attendance and positive lip service. Perception is everything. Go Mustangs!
If you can't be a Mustang, marry one !
BornRed&Blue
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Football