PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Key Play

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Key Play

Postby Stallion » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:12 pm

does anybody know what happened on that 3 and 1 with about 5-7 minutes to play-my eyes are getting a little blurry but it looked to me that Keylon Kincade burst past the defensive line and picked up what looked like about 2 1/2 yards-then the referee pushes it back they measure and SMU was short. I guess he put his knee down earlier but I never saw it. Wasn't that when we decided go for it on 4th but the :25 second clock expired before Bartel got his TO.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Key Play

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:55 pm

Yes, I saw that...I also saw the 3rd and short that seemed to make it turned into a 4th down that we didn't get the TIMEOUT called on in time...

Also what the hell was that play that we got a freakin 25 yard penalty on (net) where Bennett was arguing with the refs for like 5 minutes on? The Ref mic's were not working
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:01 am

I think that 25 yard net penalty was for a chop block. Personal foul for taking out someones legs from behind. I didnt see it happen, but saw the refs signal.
Hoop Fan

Postby JasonB » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:40 am

Yeah, the 25 yarder was a chop block.

As far as Stallion's question, I am not sure about the marking. I remember thinking that it looked like he got more, but I was on the other side of the stadium, so I just figured I had a bad angle.

I thought a key play was also Hargis getting injured on the missed FG drive. Every down that drive, we had run the ball first down, gotten decent yardage, and then gone to the air to pick up the first. The drive stalled when he got hurt because we had to put the ball in the air on first and Brown dropped the easy catch. That play would have been for some pretty decent yardage had Brown have caught it, and we would have been in great position. Instead, the offense seemed to lose it's rythem at that point.

Not having depth sucks Image.
JasonB

Return to Football