PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU-OSU Kickoff Moved To 6 P.M.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby SMU SID » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:36 am

Game To Be Broadcast On FoxSports

DALLAS (SMU) - Kickoff time for the SMU-Oklahoma State football game on Saturday, September 20, has been moved to 6 p.m. at Gerald J. Ford Stadium.

The one-hour change was made to accommodate television coverage by FoxSports Southwest. The game will broadcast regionally with Bill Land, Gary Reasons and John Rhadigan handling the announcing duties.

Tickets for the Mustang-Cowboy matchup are still available at <A HREF="http://www.smumustangs.com." TARGET=_blank>www.smumustangs.com.</A>
SMU SID
All-American

Re: SMU-OSU Kickoff Moved To 6 P.M.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:28 pm

Glad the game will be on TV, but how about getting the road games broadcast?

Thanks for the heads-up.

Postby SmooBoy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:31 pm

We will be expected to lose by 45 or more. Let's show something, anything! We could use some POSITIVE exposure with a regional audience.

Go Ponies!
SmooBoy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Ikus » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:37 pm

Good point - a perfect chance to be a Cinderella of sorts. If SMU can make the game competitive, and make some plays against a high-powered OSU team, the announcers will fall in love with the Ponies.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:08 pm

SMU on TV againist OSU?! lmfao!!!! Well thats not even gonna help us out one bit but it does now change my mind about skippin the game and goin to the LHS vs Evangle game!

------------------
The Pride and Winning Tradition of the SMU Mustangs Will Not Be Untrusted to the Weak Nor the Timid
L! O! B! O! S! LOBOS! GO!!!!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby FloridaMustang » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:40 pm

That's a dumb post, kid.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:29 pm

I love it. My local sport bar can pick up the FOX SW broadcasts, so I get to see my Mustangs for the 1st time this year. I want to see a packed Ford Stadium and want to see the Ponies compete for 60 minutes. I wouldn't mind seeing Richuel get his 1st carries as a Mustang, either. Last "tune up" before conference play. Let's make the most of it.
Charleston Pony

Postby gostangs » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:57 am

Anyone know what kind of money goes along with this T.V. coverage?
gostangs

Postby FloridaMustang » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:53 am

Hey CP, how are you getting the bar to show your game? Did it take convincing? I was thinking about going down to a local sports bar here and ask if they will show the game.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby KnuckleStang » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:14 pm

Just got a verbal from the owner of a bar on my block that he'll show the game on one of the screens on Saturday. This is unprecedented for me in my 13 years of living in this god-forsaken pro-sports town. I am thrilled, and am currently jumping around like a stupid freak. ESPN Zone sucks! I'll never go back to that hole again. Pipin' the Mustangs in to 88th Street! Yeah!
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
<B>I love it. My local sport bar can pick up the FOX SW broadcasts, so I get to see my Mustangs for the 1st time this year. I want to see a packed Ford Stadium and want to see the Ponies compete for 60 minutes. I wouldn't mind seeing Richuel get his 1st carries as a Mustang, either. Last "tune up" before conference play. Let's make the most of it. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CP: I just hope that damn hurricane doesn't screw it all up for ya!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Return to Football