PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

So What Did Dickerson say?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

So What Did Dickerson say?

Postby Stallion » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:51 am

I heard he said on the Ticket something like either SMU should lower our academic standards or give up football. Said its embarrassing being an SMU fan.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: So What Did Dickerson say?

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:59 am

I heard the tape - he did not say it was embarrassing being an SMU fan - he did say we should either loosen our standards or drop football - I think he is not operating with the most recent information - had some comments about needing more "black guys" - (his words) - it was pretty rambling - not that big a deal in my view. Dunham (the host) came to our defense big time - which is a first that I can remember - said it is very hard to build a competitive program, and that SMU has invested heavily, has a great coach and needs to be given a chance.
gostangs

Postby Dooby » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:00 pm

I heard them tease it this morning, but I don't know what he said (damn work). Anybody?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Crong » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:50 pm

The Hardline will replay the Dickerson comments tomorrow.
Crong
Varsity

Postby Corso » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:08 pm

Oh hell. The world's two biggest SMU bashers are going to pick apart Dickerson and then rip the Program. Nice. Can't someone get those morons fired?
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby i10pony » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:33 pm

I agree with everything Eric Dickerson has said.
i10pony
Junior Varsity

Postby woodsnwater » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:36 pm

Someone needs to let Dickerson know we cannot pay our players anymore. He has never been real supportive of SMU or had many good things to say, if he really wants to help why doesn't he start appearing at more functionsv for SMU and not make stupid comments.
woodsnwater
Recruit

Postby FloridaMustang » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:40 pm

Jesus people, Eric Dickerson is a moron. Yeah, its great that he's an alum, but he's always been a [deleted]. I'm sure he made the comment about needing more black guys too.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:46 pm

He got canned by MNF for a reason, and we know what that reason is and race ain't it. Nuff said.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:50 pm

I personally would rather see Melissa Stark or the new chick any day compared to [deleted] Eric D. - he was worthless on TV.
Pony_Fan

Postby MizterTea » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EastStang:
<B>He got canned by MNF for a reason, and we know what that reason is and race ain't it. Nuff said.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?"
- Mr. Burns
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby MizterTea » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pony_Fan:
<B>I personally would rather see Melissa Stark or the new chick any day compared to [deleted] Eric D. - he was worthless on TV.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?"
- Mr. Burns
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:30 pm

Dickerson only said that he was embarrassed (basically because all his golf buddies all are from successful Div-1a)...

Dickerson seemed, like someone said ealier, to be operating at a lack of knowledge as to the current policy changes, and for that matter, the current coaching situation/improved recruiting in the past two years.

He 'suggested' that a black head coach, a qualified one, should have consideration.

As evidence, he stated that he didn't seem to see many 'dark' players, insinuating that there were too high of standards and not enough black players on SMU's team...and that they may need to consider getting a QUALIFIED black head coach in order to attract those players.

Again, he seemed averse to the notion of our new policy decision changes, our new head coach, and the actual white/black ratio at SMU currently.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Return to Football