PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Do some you guys really think that we have

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Do some you guys really think that we have

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:39 pm

2 or 3 years to get this thing turned around? Sorry, but I think the ship will have long left the harbor by then. Realignment is happening now. We don't have to win the WAC or even have a winning season this season, but SMU has to show something, anything, and soon. The only salvation is that Tulsa and Rice appear to be as impotent as we are right now. CUSA might pick up one EWAC team for balance. Maybe none, longshot on 2 and forget about 3. La Tech looks like they want to compete thats for sure.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Do some you guys really think that we have

Postby EastStang » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:54 pm

I think we'll do okay in WAC play. Remember last year La. Tech beat OSU and then lost to us. Rice lost to Duke. Tulsa did manage to beat Texas State. UTEP isn't a world beater. Fresno looked bad against Oklahoma (most teams do). They are not the offensive juggernaut they once were and their win at Oregon State is discounted because Oregon State struggled against New Mexico State. San Jose has looked pretty good even when losing. Nevada has had some good games. Boise has only played Wyoming and a 1-AA team, so its hard to get a fix on their abilities. This year the WAC is down. According to the Adami quote in the paper, Bennett is focused on conference, not on the pre-conference games. I suspect his focus is improving our defense, and not showing off any offensive tricks that might get us a victory against a Boise for example and working on reducing game killing turnovers. The defense should have a big test this week against OSU. Bennett should have a good idea where we stand defensively after this test.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football