PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

reality (musings)

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

reality (musings)

Postby bhop » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:14 pm

Ok, the Baylor game served as my annual wake up call regarding SMU football. It makes me chuckle to think that every season I feel a tinge of optimism going in, and every season that optimism is brutally dashed after the second or third game. Oh well, for better or worse I'll be there rooting on the Mustangs every year.

I figure we should get grated into swiss cheese by OSU this weekend. Then we can move on to conference play, where we will hopefully be more competitive.

After the first two games, it is apparent that we really need some better receivers. Also, I have been surprised at how conservative and predictable the play-calling has been. Is Bennett sand-bagging with an eye towards the WAC schedule? Or is this a case of a career defensive coach taking his first baby steps into the world of offense?

I liked the defense against Baylor. I don't think OSU will have too much trouble moving the ball and scoring many, many points though. In any case, it will be good to visit Ford for the first time this season.

One other thing. . .I have been disappointed at how badly WAC teams are doing in non-conference. Not only are WAC teams generally losing those game, they are getting slapped up and down the field like Sun Belt schools or something. I guess the WAC just doesn't have much going for it this year. Man, do I hate our conference.
bhop
Scout Team

Re: reality (musings)

Postby Diehard Pony » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:16 pm

Did you check the LaTech score versus Michigan State??
Diehard Pony
All-American

Re: reality (musings)

Postby bhop » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:42 pm

I did see that. That was certainly a nice change of pace.
bhop
Scout Team

Return to Football