PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hope for the future at WR?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hope for the future at WR?

Postby JasonB » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:44 pm

In light of my negative posts about the WR situation at SMU, I did want to make one comment that might be positive?

When Jay Taylor comes back net year, you could have him and Pellerin alternate at one WR slot, which would basically give you a tall receiver (both are 6'4) to take some pressure off the smaller guys.

Unfortunately, on the roster this year the only two guys over 6' are Medlock and Pellerin, neither of which have college experience at the position.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Hope for the future at WR?

Postby Ikus » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:56 pm

Has Pellerin played in the first two games?
Ikus
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:51 pm

Nope, not that I have seen. They may be trying to redshirt him, which I am all for, assuming that he isn't blowing anyone away in practice. I would like to see him and Taylor work hard for a spot in the same position for the next 2 years, assuming Taylor gets a medical redshirt.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Corso » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:03 pm

Not so fast, my friends!

I'd like to see Pellerin and Taylor on the field at the same time, and see what defenses do to match up with a couple of big guys who can run.

It's interesting that Pellerin hasn't played. At the beginning of the year, Coach Bennett said Pellerin and Jay'Mond Cleveland and Blake Warren all would play this year, but as far as I know, only Warren has gotten into a game.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Return to Football