PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kicking

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Kicking

Postby The PonyGrad » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:19 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ReedFrawg:
<B> Should be "Their" motion, not "There". Sorry, but I had to correct this because I hate that misstake when other people make it!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh... what about misstake (mistake?) Image
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ReedFrawg » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The PonyGrad:
<B> Uh... what about misstake (mistake?) Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea...that too! Image
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby ReedFrawg » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by UNFMustang06:
<B>ReedFrawg- I was part of many practices last summer and up to the Tech game. Then, at least, the kickers recieved no direction. No coaching, nothing. They practiced for awhile before practice, stoof around for half an hour and took turns kicking into the net. They could have had a barbeque over in the corner and I don't think anyone would have cared as long as they were present on the correct field for special teams practice.

Kicking may be a very mental game, but can you tell me that if we had a kicking coach that our kicking game wouldn't improve?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I definitely think a good kicking coach can make a difference. Now, that being said, there are some guys who just can't mentally take the pressure. However, by refining the kicking motion so that it can be repeated over and over will help in pressure situations - just like golfers. Every good golfer gets nervous in pressure situations, but because they have coaches who have helped refine their swings over time, they can just rely on sound mechanics. If you aren't mechanically sound as a kicker then you won't have confidence in critical situations.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football