PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Red Versus Blue....Part Deux

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Red Versus Blue....Part Deux

Postby Diehard Pony » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:50 pm

I started this thread last week stating that we should unite behind blue primarily because our uniforms, particularly our home uniforms, our almost completely blue, and that red is worn by a very large percentage of college teams.

With that said, the Marketing Dept is pushing red for this weekend in part because we apparently are going to wear our special (usually one game) red jerseys. Since that is the case, I will defer to red for Okie State and then back to blue for the remaining games.

Just thought you would want to know so we could show some unity, but remember, back to blue after Saturday.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Re: Red Versus Blue....Part Deux

Postby DallasDiehard » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:58 pm

Agreed - blue it is!

By the way, I read in an Oklahoma newspaper that OSU has more than 10,000 alums in the Dallas area, and that there will be a ton of orange at Ford Stadium Saturday. We need every SMU fan to be there, and bring a friend. Wear blue and be loud!
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:26 pm

DDH: Read that post again. WEAR RED THIS SATURDAY!

Geez...it'll look like the old days of playing the Teasips! And we'll be dressed like Razorbacks (without those damned hog hats!)!

A sea of red v. a sea of orange!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!

[This message has been edited by MrMustang1965 (edited 09-16-2003).]
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:55 pm

All right-Blue it is!!!!
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Stallion » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:01 pm

All right-Blue it is!!!! (I don't know how many coaches and promotional directors I've lived thru who thought it might be cute to wear Red. They ALL are long gone and I'm still here wearing Blue which SMU should always wear. I'm sure the new red uniforms will be the "Coolest" straight from the fashion district in College Station/Bryan just like Cavan's Neat-o Red Jet's Retro-look which was so popular.) If you ask even our opponents they have always thought the classic SMU jersey of the 1980s was one of the best. Each time they come out with a new fashion statement like those above and Forrest Gregg's stupid blue Mustang and now Phil Bennett's stupid Blue Helmut we realize just how great our uniforms really looked before these idiots messed with them.

[This message has been edited by Stallion (edited 09-16-2003).]

"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:04 pm

If red was O.K. for Doak, it's O.K. for me. Image

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!

[This message has been edited by MrMustang1965 (edited 09-16-2003).]
MrMustang1965

Postby MizterTea » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:15 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stallion:
<B> All right-Blue it is!!!! (I don't know how many coaches and promotional directors I've lived thru who thought it might be cute to wear Red. They ALL are long gone and I'm still here wearing Blue which SMU should always wear. I'm sure the new red uniforms will be the "Coolest" straight from the fashion district in College Station/Bryan just like Cavan's Neat-o Red Jet's Reto-look which was so popular.) If you ask even our opponents they have always thought the classic SMU jersey of the 1980s was one of the best. Each time they come out with a new fashion statement like those above and Forrest Gregg's stupid blue Mustang and now Phil Bennett's stupid Blue Helmut we realize just how great our uniforms really looked before these idiots messed with them.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?"
- Mr. Burns

[This message has been edited by MizterTea (edited 09-16-2003).]
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:27 pm

I rest my case-if Mister T is on board with an Aggie fashion designer then I must be right.

Stallion

Postby FloridaMustang » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:41 pm

If the marketing dept. is pushing for red, how about you morons wear red? The team is wearing the red jerseys (why?).. so wear red in support, even though blue would stand out against OSU fans better.. oh well. Wear red, and be "cute" for one week.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby MizterTea » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stallion:
<B> I rest my case-if Mister T is on board with an Aggie fashion designer then I must be right.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
- Mr. Burns
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby BornRed&Blue » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:14 am

Last week I wore 'new' red capri pants, and a 'new' blue sweater. At the time of these purchases, I also purchased a red sweater. I saw lots of green & gold at last week's game, Baylor was proud of BOTH of their colors, we should be too! I am ready no matter what the call...Red, Blue, SMU !!! Come on Mustangs, wear them both !
If you can't be a Mustang, marry one !
BornRed&Blue
Junior Varsity

Postby MizterTea » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BornRed&Blue:
<B>Last week I wore 'new' red capri pants, and a 'new' blue sweater. At the time of these purchases, I also purchased a red sweater. I saw lots of green & gold at last week's game, Baylor was proud of BOTH of their colors, we should be too! I am ready no matter what the call...Red, Blue, SMU !!! Come on Mustangs, wear them both !</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not all of us have blue Capri pants...

------------------
- Mr. Burns

[This message has been edited by MizterTea (edited 09-17-2003).]
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:32 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MrMustang1965:
<B>A sea of red v. a sea of orange!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Itll probley be like a puddle of red vs a sea of orange god what the heck am I talking like this for!! Im losing all hope argness!! Now I gotta decided SMU vs OSU game or LHS vs ECA game?!!?!

------------------
The Pride and Winning Tradition of the SMU Mustangs Will Not Be Untrusted to the Weak Nor the Timid
L! O! B! O! S! LOBOS! GO!!!!
Mustangs35SMU

Return to Football