PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

rumors and innuendo

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: rumors and innuendo

Postby PK » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:02 pm

"Sure to be a flamer...but I don't care"
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PK:
<B>"Sure to be a flamer...but I don't care"</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, folks. Look what just got 'deleted'. Image

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby PonyPride » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:09 pm

Sorry, everyone, for not reading that thread more closely. That thread is now gone. As several of you have mentioned, there is no place on this board for language like that.

We welcome and encourage opinions, both positive and negative. But when posts become personal attacks - against student-athletes, coaches, fans or other posters on this site, they will be deleted. The fact is that the players and coaches are working hard at their sports, and we're here as fans, supporting them. There are countless members of PonyFans.com who are family members of SMU athletes, and there are recruits and younger fans who view this board, as well. Please keep that in mind when posting.

Thanks
Webmasters
PonyFans.com

[This message has been edited by PonyPride (edited 09-17-2003).]
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:20 pm

Next question: is SMUSMUSMU banned from this site?

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965

Postby The CPC » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:43 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hoop Fan:
<B>Uh, there is a big difference here. Posting that someone is "horrible" is an opinion. Basically alleging physical abuse and calling for the NCAA to review the practice films are quite different. It has nothing to do with what I want to hear or not hear. But thanks for the lecture.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hoop Fan, you know you are always welcome. CPC has a plethora of lectures available on both VHS and DVD for your home viewing pleasure and edification. You can even take them on vacation wiith you, and thus partake of the wit, wisdom, omnisicience and sagacity which CPC epitomizes, even when you are far from home, or the nearest internet connection. CPC likes to think of these tapes as similar in content and style to the Dialogues of Socrates, but whereas the words of Socrates were faithfully and acccurately recorded by his student, Plato, CPC instead chose to employ the modern technology of the video camera.
The musings of CPC cover a wide spectrum of subjects, and a full catalog and price list is available by writing to his eminence at: ThreeWithCPC@AOL.com
Normally prices range from $9.95 (plus shipping and handling) for a VHS tape to $29.95 for a deluxe double edition DVD with extra footage and personal commentary soundtrack from the CPC himself, but since Hoop Fan is one of CPC's oldest and closest compadre's everything for you is 17.3% off. Plus tax.

CPC is also overjoyed that he has made gostangs chuckle a bit. What possible higher calling could there be, than to bring a moment of mirth and pleasure to the ground-bound residents of this teeming sphere which we call earth? In this modern world of stress and strife the good morning chuckle is a key defense mechanism for the continuing proper functioning of all our mental faculties. To put it simply, sometimes a good laugh is all that seperates our everyday suburban lives from a trip to a room with padded walls and a long "rest" wearing a snug white leather jacket with very long sleeves and straps that tie behind the back.

CPC is only too happy to provide this service for any and all readers, and if you ask real nice he will come back and do it again later. Peace.
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:11 pm

Good to hear the old Crippled Pet Chicken at work. And I appreciate the good chicken discount on the tapes. I'm afraid I am all tapped out after my trip to Waco though. The wife spent a small fortune at the outlets in Hillsboro on the way. Not to mention (Cover your chicken ears CPC), the fine feast had at the Turkey Shoppe in Abbott. That was some fine feathered fowl, my friends. And $23 a ticket for seats at the goalline was a bit bloated I thought...or maybe that just how I felt after eating all that yardbird. Go Mustangs. I'm glad we don't call ourselves the Owls or somesuch.
Hoop Fan

Previous

Return to Football