PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Maybe our passing is not so bad...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Maybe our passing is not so bad...

Postby The PonyGrad » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:12 pm

Before we get too down on our receivers not getting separation etc., pass defense is the best statistical part of the Baylor team by far. They are #21 in pass D and #53 in pass eff. D. It was not the horrible Baylor offense we were playing against but a good pass defense.

BTW OSU has very similar pass D rankings. :-(
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Maybe our passing is not so bad...

Postby fbdad » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:17 pm

I wondered why many posts were down on our recievers.I thought Rushbrook and Warren looked good. Granted we dropped some balls but I thought the Baylor secondary were outstanding against us.They were visibly fired up and they weren't that big. Our secondary should study that game film to see how to go for the ball versus tackling AFTER the the completion.
fbdad
Junior Varsity

Re: Maybe our passing is not so bad...

Postby Dement-ed » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:39 pm

Good point, fbdad. As I recall, that was Coach Bennett's primary complaint with our performance against OSU last year. He said game film showed that our DBs frequently were in perfect position to make plays, than sat back and watched when OSU receivers went up in the air to make catch after catch after catch. I bet you see our DBs fighting a lot harder for the ball Saturday.

Go Ponies!
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Return to Football