PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nice site over here, boys

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Nice site over here, boys

Postby Pony Tony » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:33 pm

Things are rockin' on this board, but the rest of this place is pretty average.

The Maniacs site has really stepped it up. Game pictures, columns, features, coach interview. I had not been there in forever, but I go here and there every day now. Good stuff. If you have not been to Mustang Maniacs for a bit, I say go. It's sweet.

<A HREF="http://www.mustangmaniacs.com" TARGET=_blank>www.mustangmaniacs.com</A>

Keep up the good chatter here -- and there. Both good sites. SMU is well repped on the web. Thanks, PF and MM dudes!

[This message has been edited by Pony Tony (edited 09-17-2003).]
Pony Tony

Re: Nice site over here, boys

Postby PK » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:52 pm

You just need to find your way around this site better. Look to your left at the side bar and click on "Reports & Stories". Also, last spring's Recruiting Roundup was great...that's also on the side bar to your left. You are right though, SMU fans are well "repped" on the web.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Cat » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:12 pm

I think the content on this is pretty first class for it not being a major money making site. The content is good at MustangManiacs as well, however I think this site is a little more in depth and I think it has a more consistent flow of information. The features on mm seem to be an attempt to lure traffic back from this site. I have a feeling, and this might be just me, that as if it ever got busy at mm.com again, then they would stop the content flow. Maybe I am wrong...
Cat

Postby Dement-ed » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:42 pm

I agree with you, Tony. Did you put a similar post on the other site, telling MM visitors about the strengths of this site? You should. They're both great for SMU.
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Postby Pony Tony » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:37 pm

Good idea. I will make mention of the PF on the MM.

MM does have sweet game pics and Swann's game analysis and you can get both teams' game notes (tho OSU didn't bother with stats). PF has a season preview and one feature on Bartel after game one -- with a pic in the OLD uni's! No pics, no postgame info here. MM has something new just about every day! Check the headlines on the front page.

Recuiting stuff on the PF.com was excellent and MM had signing day audio from Coach B, so it was a good combo for us fans! Hopefully, there will be some gems to talk about in Feb.

Like I said, if nothing else, the Ponies got nice web coverage. Official site pretty damn good, too!
Pony Tony

Postby PK » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:13 pm

PonyFans has been doing game previews with in depth data on the opposing team. It has been posted on the Football message board as a post. Scroll down and you will find the one for the OSU game. They probably should have it on the home page, but people often jump to the message boards without really looking at the home page. It's posted by PonyPride.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football