PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Top 10: Oklahoma State

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Top 10: Oklahoma State

Postby Letterman » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:23 pm

From the home office, High on the Hilltop, the top 10 reasons SMU will upset Oklahoma State this Saturday:

10. Over-zealous SMU grounds crew prepares for remote chance that Hurrican Isabel will blow all the way to Dallas by boarding up doors to visitors' locker room -- with OSU team locked inside

9. OSU running back (and DeSoto native) Tatum Bell refuses to run aggressively, thinking that since he's playing near his hometown, his star power might garner him a less-than-flattering segment on "Celebrities Uncensored 11"

8. SMU team takes out years of frustration built up by hearing that " .... and the horse you rode in on" phrase

7. OSU players miss out on customary pre-game massage when they discover, while riding the bus from the team hotel to the stadium, that roads in Dallas are paved

6. OSU running back Tatum Bell skips game for "religious pilgrimage" to statue in Doak Walker Plaza

5. Strong safety Fath' Carter is ruled ineligible by the referee, who refuses to believe anyone actually spells his name that way

4. Phil Bennett generously offers to have former Kansas State fullback Rock Cartwright deliver motivational speech to both teams before game. Cartwright explains how someone's first name dictates what kind of leader he is; Cowboys lose all faith in Coach Miles when they realize his first name is "Les"

3. OSU passing game grounded when all three Woods brothers choose to attend family reunion rather than travel to Dallas for game

2. Cowboys are much less intimidating when officials inform team they're not allowed to wear spurs during game

And the #1 reason SMU will upset Oklahoma State this Saturday:

1. Cowboy receivers refuse to run behind SMU defense, citing long-held theory that walking behind a Mustang leads to getting kicked
Letterman
Scout Team

Re: Top 10: Oklahoma State

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:36 pm

Thanks, Letterman! I knew you wouldn't let me down! I needed a good laugh today... Image

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:44 pm

Anyone who does not think these lists are exceptional should try doing two in a row themselves. The list shows thought and talent each week. I for one appreciate the levity.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HorsePower » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:46 pm

I agree. "Letterman" should write for the real David Letterman. These lists are funny and current, each and every time. Keep it up!
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby giacfsp » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:59 pm

Agreed - they're terrific. And it can't be easy coming up with them every week!

#7 is the best - I hear they'll have paved roads in Oklahoma any year now....

(Re: #5 -- is that really how you spell that kid's name?)
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby Ikus » Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:16 am

Pretty good! I give you a B- for this one.
Ikus
Heisman

Return to Football