PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OSU 24-0 - either we've totally given up or ...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OSU 24-0 - either we've totally given up or ...

Postby NavyCrimson » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:00 pm

OSU is really that good...i think its both!!!

next season couldn't come any quicker barring any miracles!!!!
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Re: OSU 24-0 - either we've totally given up or ...

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:55 pm

Attending the Baylor game, I thought Baylor's offense was inept more than our own defense being that good. OSU, like TTech, is apparently proving that point.

Noticed both Massey and Tate are playing and that we have 9 total yards at halftime.

Is Bartel hurt? If Tate is QB for the remainder of the season, at most, at very most, we win 2 games.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:14 pm

Wow having seen a game finally on TV, I can say that things aren't nearly as bad as everyone has been making them out to be. I just got home and the FSSW guys were a pleasure to listen to. They put things in perspective... and now I'm listening to our CRAP broadcast.. all I hear is "well everything has pretty much gone wrong tonite...etc etc"

whatever, OSU is impressive and Rashaun Woods and Josh Fields are a great combo. We're not supposed to compete at this level yet.. we CAN'T. Let's get into WAC play to evaluate the season.

This defense is very impressive in my opinion. Please tell me I'm not crazy?

Go Mustangs!
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:26 pm

did not expect to win this one - but did not expect this kind of score at home. Someone explain to me why you do not bring your safety over to double Woods on EVERY play?

Our season starts next week in Nevada - we never had a shot at this one.

Bright spots - Massey looked good - should have used him more.
gostangs

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:15 am

Like it would have mattered. Woods had the secondary 5-10 yards behind him on every play. He's amazing.

But let me say something.. everyone knows our secondary is weak. We have no depth and very little speed. Jonas looked sharp on the first few passes, but then he just gave up and resorted to the fall down and pretend Rashaun Woods did it defense. Both him and Woods got away with interference calls.

Teams are going to throw on us all year. The coaching staff seemed to try everything they could, and I liked the play calling better. We're such a young team and we still have so many options to explore and needs to fill. THIS TEAM IS NOT GOING TO WIN OVERNIGHT. Please, get that through your heads. What we should all be looking for is PROGRESS, and that's it. Seriously, get a grip. I had a fun time watching the game tonite... I expected Woods to burn us all nite and he did, but I saw a much improved run defense and the young O-line performed well without Hargis.

How many of you were holding your breath when Adami went down though? Whew!

BTW the score of the Nevada game was Nevada 42, SJSU 30.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:19 am

Now that we are in our 14th season of playing after the DP, shouldn't we be better than we were in 1989?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:23 am

The O-Line performed well? You can't be serious. Not one of those guys would say they played at all well tonight. OLine is the most glaring weak spot of the team. Followed by the secondary. I don't know why, but our secondary just can't make a play. They have some experience and speed, its just dumbfounding. And, yes, I know Woods is great, but he didn't set the NCAA record against Wyoming or Southwest Missouri State now did he? Oline is a disaster, poor Bartel and Keylon. DLine actually showed something. At least Bonds and Jones will stick their nose in their and hit people. Its a start.
Hoop Fan

Return to Football