PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

52-6 final score, of course

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

52-6 final score, of course

Postby Sam I Am » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:20 pm

7 pass catching TD's for Woods sets a college record and it had to be against us.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Re: 52-6 final score, of course

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:31 pm

Oh christ, get over it.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:33 pm

After 3 games, we are averaging 1 touchdown a game.

Rashuan Woods scores 7 Touchdowns against us.

At this rate, it will take us until our homecoming game against Fresno State in Novembr to surpass Rashuan Woods TD production against us in 3 quarters of play.

Final Question - we lift Massey's redshirt but let Keith Williams run the ball 7 times in the 4th quarter. What gives?
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:09 am

We can still redshirt Massey if he doesnt get too many snaps or quarters played I believe.
Hoop Fan

Postby Stallion » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:37 am

he ain't going to redshirt-Look if this team does not show some improvement or some hope for the future you can kiss any recruiting momentum away. SMU needs to play some freshman who can help the team. Bonds and Desmond Jones fit that bill and so does Massey. We need to prepare some of these kids to improve next year too because if you don't then we'll hear all of you talking about how many inexperienced freshman and redshirt freshman we have next year. A coach generally has about a 2 year window where he can pitch this "we'll turn it around" anthem-we need to play the kids that can help-NOW!

[This message has been edited by Stallion (edited 09-20-2003).]
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:45 am

Oh I agree, but I wouldnt be surprised if Bennett still is thinking about redshirting him. Reason being he has Foy Munlin for one year next year. All of a sudden, Massey could burn two years without alot of carries. Regardless, I play Massey and anybody else that can help. Recruiting is a reason and realignment. The MAC had a hell of a day today, and if they arent already thinking it, Memphis and company might be joining up with those boys. I still think TCU is going MWC, despite what geographic logic might say. I thought we were going to get left out two months, now I really do because we have started off terrible, while Marshall, Miami of Ohio, Toledo and alot of other mid majors have ESPN talking about them all day.

[This message has been edited by Hoop Fan (edited 09-20-2003).]
Hoop Fan

Return to Football