PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Offensive line

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Offensive line

Postby giacfsp » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:53 am

Not the best night for the big guys up front. Bartel's rough night was caused because he was either running for his life, throwing too quickly to avoid a sack or lying on his back before he knew what hit him.

- Darrin Johnson took over at left tackle midway through the second quarter and played pretty well. I believe the coaches wheen they say he's going to be very, very good.

- Sterling Harris looked like he got hurt, but stayed in the game. Any word on how he's feeling?

- Steve Reindl played well.

- Grant Eidson stayed in most of the game at left guard. Which begs the question: what happened to Brad Kieschnick? He is our best guard, but moved to tackle to get more athleticism at the position. Did Johnson take over because Kieschnick got hurt? I never heard anything on my radio in the stadium.

- Townsend Hargis was not suited up. Anyone know why? Is he hurt? He practiced all week, as far as I know.

The OSU defensive line was pretty big, but extremely fast, and caused our line a lot of problems.
giacfsp
Heisman

Re: Offensive line

Postby Ikus » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:00 am

Who played right guard? Martin Guidry?
Ikus
Heisman

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:33 am

yes
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Dark Horse » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:41 am

Why wasn't Hargis playing? Can't believe I didn't notice a Plano guy missing from the lineup. Shame on me.

Go Ponies! Beat Nevada!
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby The Q » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:48 am

If we can yank the redshirts off Massey, Pellerin, J.Cleveland, etc., why not some of the young offensive linemen? Boren and Burley and Peveto would have been fun to watch out there with Bryan Turner. I bet they would have represented themselves well, too.
The Q
Varsity

Return to Football