PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

This game may have killed us FOR GOOD!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

This game may have killed us FOR GOOD!

Postby echothat1 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:41 pm

That may have just done it...Bennett's credibility may be shot with potential recruits...besides, who wants to play for a team who suffers that kind of embarrassment?

OUCH!!!
echothat1
Scout Team

Re: This game may have killed us FOR GOOD!

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:46 pm

We got killed worse than that in the past 14 years, and we still got TOp100 recruits...

it all just depends on whether or not the kids can look into our roster and believe the justification that we lost because we are very young.

I am not worried about recruiting, at all.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:06 pm

ask Vincent Chase and Chris Hall if this game discouraged them. Those guys are coming to be part of turning this thing around.

We are all anxious. The question is: when will SMU notch it's next win against a top 25 caliber team and who wil be a part of that event?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby McAndless » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:40 pm

I understand people's excitement about next year's recruits, but haven't we forced ourselves to live like that for too many years. How many years can we continue to tell kids, "Wow, OSU really stomped us like a redheaded stepchild. In fact, if you were at the game, you witnessed NCAA history. We need you!" If I were a senior, I'd look into walking on UT or A&M before I battled for immediate playing time...when the playing time is against the 2nd and 3rd string OSU players eager to get back to Stillwater. Supposedly Bennett is a great recruiter, show me that, but more importantly I think we need a gameday manager, which he DESPERATELY needs to show.
McAndless
Junior Varsity

Return to Football