PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Some Thoughts

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Some Thoughts

Postby EastStang » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:31 pm

I have actually attended some UVa. football games over the years and until Welch showed up and put life in that program the student body got drunk, brought their drunken dates and showed up for the game and never, and I mean never cheered. Occasionally they would even make fun of the cheerleaders for sport. Usually the highlight of the game would be when a large chested girl in a tight sweater would leave her seat (I am not making this up).
That's one reason I chose SMU over UVa. was that there was only drinking and no life at football games.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Some Thoughts

Postby KnuckleStang » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:52 pm

EastStang, I was probably at some of the same games you were, and you're right, nobody paid attention, I did kind of leave that part out. But they were there, even though their team was arguably worse than ours is. My only point was that their weekly social calenders revolved around Saturdays at the stadium. And the UVA fraternity houses are a lot farther away from Scott than the SAE's, Sig Ep's and Lambda Chi's are from Ford (150 yds, maybe?).
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football