PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Desmond Jones

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Desmond Jones

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:31 pm

I like this kid! He is big, strong, and physical. He LOOKS like a big time college football player. We need a few more like him.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Desmond Jones

Postby i10pony » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:39 pm

I bet he'll be playing on Sundays in 4 years.
i10pony
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:23 pm

there were some good signs from some of the youngsters on the defensive line but before we start annoiting them as future stars I'd like to point out that OSU was throwing bombs all night and I don't think we had a sack or even a hurry all Nite. Seriously, did we have a single hurry all Nite? Sack? They've got a LONG way to go!
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:19 pm

There was ZERO pass rush. They got pressure a few times, but not quick enough. Fields just lobbed it up in the air and Woods always magically came down with it.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:39 pm

Young talent usually resorts to their 'instinct' rather than their taught skills when they are getting pushed around...this was no exception.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby Corso » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:54 pm

I thought Jones looked very solid. He's really strong, and quick for his size. He and Bonds are the anchors of that line once Adami graduates.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby The PonyGrad » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by UNFMustang06:
<B>There was ZERO pass rush. They got pressure a few times, but not quick enough. Fields just lobbed it up in the air and Woods always magically came down with it. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My impression was that they were throwing max protection at us. All they needed was Woods to run a pattern anyway. It is tough to pressure the QB in that senario.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Postby Damon'sDaMan » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:21 pm

Right. They had a 290-pound TE who left the line of scrimmage .... maybe twice. The rest of the game, he was a sixth offensive lineman. And every time they threw the ball, they left Tatum Bell and/or the fullback in there, so they had almost two blockers for every pass rusher we had.

The rest of the teams we face don't have a Rashaun Woods, and won't be able to send just one guy downfield. We shouldn't see blocking like that again.
Damon'sDaMan
Junior Varsity

Return to Football