PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU 18.5 point dogs to Nevada

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU 18.5 point dogs to Nevada

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:39 pm

No real surprise, as Nevada is averaging 30 points a game and played Oregon tough at Oregon.

Still, it is extremely disappointing and certainly not helping our cause with C-USA.

Also noticed that Tulsa scored 54 points yesterday, which means they too are probably better than us.

As I see it, we are headed for the Pillow Fight of the Year against UTEP.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU 18.5 point dogs to Nevada

Postby Corso » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:43 pm

I thought the line against OSU was too small - and it was. This line is too big. We not only will cover, we have a chance to win. (That's not a prediction that we WILL win, but it sure isn't out of reach.)

Oh, hell with it:
SMU 23
Nevada 16
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:55 pm

I thought we hit our low point two years ago, but we have truly bottomed out now, at least in terms of perception. As they say, its always darkest before dawn. I believe dawn will come, I just hope survive to see the light of day, re: realignment.
Hoop Fan

Postby Sam I Am » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:57 pm

We will lose again, but who knows what will be the score. But it is time to think about our next game and try to put the stench of the OSU debacle behind us until we have to play them again.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby JasonB » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:05 pm

I wouldn't go that far. Getting destroyed by Navy at home last year is much worse that getting pummelled by a good team...
JasonB

Postby gostangs » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:12 pm

I agree with jason - you could have picked Tech and OSU as obvious blow outs months ago - the only real disappointment at this point is Baylor - and really it is UNT's pounding of them that made out loss so embarrassing. I thought the OSU line was ridiculously low - and I think that Nevada's is way too high - just my opinion -
gostangs

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:23 am

I hope it bothers our guys to be 18 pt dogs to Nevada. That might be the best bulletin board material anyone could have offered to get this team ready for WAC play. These guys' second season starts Saturday night in Reno. We should have beaten those guys last year in Dallas. I'm sure they've improved and they have their RB back. Time to see if SMU has improved.
Charleston Pony

Return to Football